West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

No but Bruno must in now.

Because our left sided forward is out we must bring in a CM?? Understand everyone wants to see him start but it feels like even if Schar gets injured people will find a way of making it about Bruno starting 

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Because our left sided forward is our we must bring in a CM?? Understand everyone wants to see him start but it feels like even if Schar gets injured people will find a way of making it about Bruno starting 

Not really, no. Just need someone who can push forward with the ball from somewhere. 

Guest neesy111

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not saying he’s wrong (don’t really know who he is), but are any of the more recognised journalists reporting it?

Bit dubious about the source of this.

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Because our left sided forward is out we must bring in a CM?? Understand everyone wants to see him start but it feels like even if Schar gets injured people will find a way of making it about Bruno starting 

Well i said Willock out wide so someone must take his place. 

It is a bit different with Trippier and ASM though as they were probably the 2 players we would prioritise getting the ball to when in possession. With both of them out we really only have Willock and Joelinton with any quality on the ball, and the latter falls to pieces the further up the pitch he gets 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It is a bit different with Trippier and ASM though as they were probably the 2 players we would prioritise getting the ball to when in possession. With both of them out we really only have Joelinton with any quality on the ball, and he falls to pieces the further up the pitch he gets 

Yeah thats why I'd keep Joe in the middle, absolutely mental to take him out of the position hes been doing so well in to stick him further forward out wide when thats the weakest part of his game and Willock is no wide player. Assuming no formation change the midfield should stay the same imo, ASM a like for like swap with Miggy or Murphy.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

The fume of some on here when Howe doesn't pick Bruno again.

I think it would be justified if it was Bruce because we probably watched the players as much as him, but Howe seems to live and breathe football so I trust him 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Yeah thats why I'd keep Joe in the middle, absolutely mental to take him out of the position hes been doing so well in to stick him further forward out wide when thats the weakest part of his game and Willock is no wide player. Assuming no formation change the midfield should stay the same imo, ASM a like for like swap with Miggy or Murphy.

I've never understood wanting to move Big Joe out wide like. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Yeah thats why I'd keep Joe in the middle, absolutely mental to take him out of the position hes been doing so well in to stick him further forward out wide when thats the weakest part of his game. Assuming no formation change the midfield should stay the same imo, ASM a like for like swap with Miggy or Murphy.

Got to play Bruno now. Why bring in someone like Murphy when Joelington can probably do a better job on the wing and you can have a ball player in the midfield who is champing at the bit. You can’t keep leaving a top rated player on the bench, he has to come in if Max is out

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I've never understood wanting to move Big Joe out wide like. 

I don’t think anyone wants to move him out wide.

But if ASM is out then the alternatives are a straight swap for Jacob Murphy (1 goal, 1 assist) or we can shuffle the team about a little bit and get our new £40m signing in there.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Got to play Bruno now. Why bring in someone like Murphy when Joelington can probably do a better job on the wing and you can have a ball player in the midfield who is champing at the bit. You can’t keep leaving a top rated player on the bench, he has to come in if Max is out

That requires rejigging the midfield at pretty short notice. Joe will have trained all week to start in the middle. Like for like makes much more sense IMO.