West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Got to play Bruno now. Why bring in someone like Murphy when Joelington can probably do a better job on the wing and you can have a ball player in the midfield who is champing at the bit. You can’t keep leaving a top rated player on the bench, he has to come in if Max is out

Again it makes no sense at all to put Joe out wide, we would be a far weaker side for it. The case for Bruno starting would be for WIllock, Miggy as the left footer coming in for ASM and moving Joe onto the right side of the middle with Bruno coming in on the left as Miggy is a great ball carrier and can take us up field relieving pressure and shifting it inside for the more creative than Willock Bruno. Still unlikely I think, if Wilson was fit I could see it but not today like.

Just now, christ said:

That requires rejigging the midfield at pretty short notice. Joe will have trained all week to start in the middle. Like for like makes much more sense IMO.

Do you not think Bruno would have been training in that set up also in case there was an injury. Sorry that’s bollocks that mind

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I've never understood wanting to move Big Joe out wide like. 

We can play a narrow 4, it's not like he'd be a winger and can still benefit from his strength in the middle. Its not ideal but with Bruno, Shelvey and Frasers work rate of late should allow Willock to support Wood a bit more.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Again it makes no sense at all to put Joe out wide, we would be a far weaker side for it. The case for Bruno starting would be for WIllock, Miggy as the left footer coming in for ASM and moving Joe onto the right side of the middle with Bruno coming in on the left as Miggy is a great ball carrier and can take us up field relieving pressure and shifting it inside for the more creative than Willock Bruno. Still unlikely I think, if Wilson was fit I could see it but not today like.

So you’re saying putting Murphy in instead of Bruno makes the team weaker. Nah not having that mind 

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Do you not think Bruno would have been training in that set up also in case there was an injury. Sorry that’s bollocks that mind

Yeah, that’s not my point. I think we’re much better balanced with a winger in place or ASM that shunting Joe to accommodate Bruno.

Just now, christ said:

Yeah, that’s not my point. I think we’re much better balanced with a winger in place or ASM that shunting Joe to accommodate Bruno.

Not with someone of the quality of Murphy as I think Joelington will at least give protection down that wing. I just think Murphy is a Championship player