West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

I've got a Saturday league game at 9:30 and kick off is 7:30. Tempted to blow both off as we've got a double header and I'm old as shit. :lol:

My brother-in-law played football in a Saturday league and eventually his legs fell apart. He loved it though.

29 minutes ago, rickyprickles said:

WA? 11:30pm here in Melbourne - one of the rare "decent" times you get during the season. Might go  to the pub for it. 

Singapore. Tbf the PL times are pretty decent, with 830pm for early kickoff and 11pm for the others on a weekend. Weekday PL and Champions League matches are at 3pm/4pm ish but I dun follow CL until the final stages anyway.

38 minutes ago, McDog said:

We're in the same Timezone brother. 

Where are you? (I'm in San Antonio, but been CT for a while as I was in Chicago before here for a good while)

9 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Definitely the worst part of caring is getting up for early morning kickoffs. Had been sleeping through them the last few seasons. I'll miss that.

Same. These ones I'd maybe turn on the second half on laptop in bed and turn it off if we were a couple down, maybe snooze and hope the commentary woke me up for a goal if we were in it. Now I need to be up for kick off, sorted on the big telly.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

49 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Where are you? (I'm in San Antonio, but been CT for a while as I was in Chicago before here for a good while)

Frozen wasteland of Minnesota. Low tomorrow is -17c.

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Same. These ones I'd maybe turn on the second half on laptop in bed and turn it off if we were a couple down, maybe snooze and hope the commentary woke me up for a goal if we were in it. Now I need to be up for kick off, sorted on the big telly.

Oh dude, so I'm actually gonna be spending quite a bit of time in San Antonio this year. Any good bars/pubs for NUFC / footie, you recommend?

2 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Definitely the worst part of caring is getting up for early morning kickoffs. Had been sleeping through them the last few seasons. I'll miss that.

Bruce did wonders for our sleep in North America.

58 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Oh dude, so I'm actually gonna be spending quite a bit of time in San Antonio this year. Any good bars/pubs for NUFC / footie, you recommend?

Unfortunately, having arrived here during covid (and also consequently worked from home mostly and hardly gotten to know anyone), I've hardly gotten to know the place - and I'm leaving in two weeks. Someone did tell me there's a pub called The Winchester which is a bit of a gathering for Premier League matches in general, not been myself.

There is an NUFC supporters group on facebook which seems to have been inactive the whole time I've been here (probably partly hit by covid). But someone actually just posted this week about getting things going again. They might be more helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1670381846523249

(Go to a San Antonio FC game though. I did that once - low standard obviously, but they've got their own little purpose-built stadium, it's cheap, fun)

34 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Unfortunately, having arrived here during covid (and also consequently worked from home mostly and hardly gotten to know anyone), I've hardly gotten to know the place - and I'm leaving in two weeks. Someone did tell me there's a pub called The Winchester which is a bit of a gathering for Premier League matches in general, not been myself.

There is an NUFC supporters group on facebook which seems to have been inactive the whole time I've been here (probably partly hit by covid). But someone actually just posted this week about getting things going again. They might be more helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1670381846523249

(Go to a San Antonio FC game though. I did that once - low standard obviously, but they've got their own little purpose-built stadium, it's cheap, fun)

Thanks for the insights. I'll probably check out the Winchester, and definitely the FB Group. Cheers. 

12 hours ago, STM said:

Bib theory: Murphy at RWB.

Dubravka 

Schar     Lascelles    Burn

Murphy                                       Targett 

Shelvey

Joelinton 

Fraser                                 ASM 

Wood

(I know bib theory is bullshit BTW.

Playing 3 CBs could be a response to West Ham's power in the air, particularly from set pieces. Just a thought.

12 hours ago, STM said:

Dubravka 

Shelvey

Joelinton 

Wood

I would like to see that team, both murphy and fraser work hard so i would be more c9onfident with them than krafth and fraser...

bring it on Eddie!!

8 hours ago, manorpark said:

Snow? What is that?

Snow is so very rare in Newcastle these days, been the same for many years.

It's not when you live up near Stanley and have to get to Newcastle![emoji38]

15 hours ago, STM said:

Dubravka 

Shelvey

Joelinton 

Wood

Id like something similar to accommodate ASM "not tracking back"