West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

We really need Bruno to play. West Ham's central midfield is one of the best in the league's in my opinion - I really rate Soucek. I can see Rice & Soucek running rings around anyone else we put there. Throwing Bruno in against West Ham is probably not a bad idea from the point of view in that we're really not expecting to get anything out of the game so the pressure will be lessened.

1 hour ago, xLiaaamx said:

Hmm. They might be better than our lot but not sure It's "run rings around" better. I thought that about Coutihno and Buendia last week but triple J shut them down.

To be fair, that's 2 of their front 3. I can just see Shelvey and Willock chasing Shadows and without Trippier's guidance, they'll huff and puff for 15 minutes then it'll be backs-to-the-wall stuff again :/

Edited by HawK

1 hour ago, Nine said:

I want to see Bruno start as much as anyone but I just can’t see how we can drop anyone out of midfield at the moment, Shelvey has consistently been one of our best players since Howe came in 

If Bruno comes in its for Willock. 

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Fully expecting Joelinton to physically and sexually dominate Declan Rice tbh.

:lol: Youre sounding canny thirsty at the minute Hans

Spoiler

On 08/02/2022 at 21:33, Hanshithispantz said:

ASM is the human manifestation of my cock.

On 29/01/2022 at 17:36, Hanshithispantz said:

It's not healthy for a man to be kept on the vinegars this long.

CONFIRMATION OF A STARTING RIGHT BACK CURED THIS MANS ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/37204-newcastle-united-vs-aston-villa-13022022-2pm-sky/?do=findComment&comment=7057953

10 hours ago, madras said:

I’m not so sure on that one tbh, but I know we have seen him subbed in for Willock which could be a hint to where Howe sees him playing 

Edited by Nine

12 hours ago, madras said:

That seems the obvious choice. It's hard to see what Willock has got that Bruno hasn't. Willock's goals have dried up, and even then Bruno looks like he'll be given the licence to get into the box on the end of chances.

From the point of view of squad morale, Howe is right to reward commitment on the part of the old guard, and Willock might retain his starting place for that reason. But I think it's only a matter of time.

12 hours ago, madras said:

I think in these early days as he gets used to the PL that would be the case. Willock plays and presses much higher up the pitch, a mistake up there and you have plenty of backup behind you. I think in the mid to long term Bruno will be playing in the role Shelvey currently does. 

33 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

Please no.

49 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Any chance this gets called off due to the weather down there ?

Was wondering that myself- weather appears to be windy but not horrendous so far here so hopefully not. Weather warning applies until 3pm and forecast is better tomorrow. If anyone cant travel and is looking to shift a ticket, my mate (London based) is still hoping to get hold of one. 

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Willock could take Frasers place with Bruno going RCM. I think now is a great time to change things though and test stuff out given the right side partnership has already been broken.

Tend to think the opposite personally. The right hand side has effectively been a contained system of its own just recently, so maybe the most sensible thing to do is continue playing it's remaining 50% (Fraser), to assist Trippier's replacement in acclimatising to the role. 

It's the same with in-game subs. If there's ever a forced change, particularly to the backline, I think the default approach should be to remedy the issue by making as few changes as possible. Like, for eg, RB gets injured: "rather than bring shit RB on, let's move the current LB over to the right and bring a different LB on." It makes sense to some extent but, in that scenario, one change then becomes two and the continuity is basically lost. 

It's really a massive credit to Burn and Schar - and those who came on - that we kept a clean sheet last weekend despite significant upheaval to the defense mid-match. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Howe mentioned West Ham's strength from set pieces. I'd be suprised not to see Lascelles back.

I have a feeling we may be looking at 3 at the back. I don't see him dropping Schar or Burn, but instead adding Lascelles to them. Under Rafa Lascelles always looked much better as part of a back 3 when he had the likes of Fernandez, Lejuene or Schar around him. Reckon it will be 3 at the back with Targett and Murphy as the wing backs. Joelinton and Shelvey in the middle and the usual 3 lads up top.