West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Will say this, West Ham are not as good as made out by the media etc.

Agree. Take out Bowen and Rice and they are closer to where we are now than a CL spot.

That being said I think Moyes had an awful game plan today, especially when news came out that ASM was injured. It was criminal the amount of time they let us have on the ball in our own half. I'd be livid if the roles were reversed.

They have been really good though. Really solid and direct. But they have a fairly thin squad their form has dipped. Not like beautiful to watch like man city but better than Man United whom are mostly a shambles

Edited by Tiresias

20 minutes ago, St1pe said:

He’s arguably the best defensive midfielder outside of the top 4 sides. He had a fantastic World Cup too. I’d love to have him here behind our Brazilians. 

Hopefully not the one that lives on the sideline.

23 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Thought Eddie Howe didn't know how to coach a defence? Rafa-esque in our organisation. Love it.

Even if he didn't he seems like he's constantly striving to learn and improve himself, travelled and studied a lot during his time out apparently.

Meanwhile Bruce goes on holdiay and watched cricket.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Rice is really good, honestly. The fact we kept him more or less between their centre halves and unable to go on his driving runs is a big compliment to how we approached the game imo.

Nothing against Rice like. They mentioned it multiple times that he was a 'complete midfielder' though which I just cannot see. Maybe being oldschool but I think that's more a tag you would put on Essien, Seedorf etc.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Nothing against Rice like. They mentioned it multiple times that he was a 'complete midfielder' though which I just cannot see. Maybe being oldschool but I think that's more a tag you would put on Essien, Seedorf etc.

His metrics this season are insane and certainly suggest he is a complete midfielder. Only City's midfielders get near him for progressing the ball (something he's only started doing this season in a team that doesn't have that much possession) and he's made the most interceptions in the league along with the 5th most tackles won.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

His metrics this season are insane and certainly suggest he is a complete midfielder. Only City's midfielders get near him for progressing the ball (something he's only started doing this season in a team that doesn't have that much possession) and he's made the most interceptions in the league along with the 5th most tackles won.

:thup: Probably needs to be reiterated that I literally started watching football again a few months ago tbh [emoji38]

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

:thup: Probably needs to be reiterated that I literally started watching football again a few months ago tbh [emoji38]

Last season I'd have 100% agreed with you fwiw. He didn't have a good game today either which doesn't help. 

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye, I think they're probably thinking more along the English lines of Scholes and Gerrard who both were labelled that despite having obvious weaknesses to their game. 4 goals and 4 assists so far is good going for a DM but he really does often just control games as well, constantly getting on the ball, switching it, driving forward, covering the defence, putting last ditch tackles in. He's definitely all-action and pretty well-rounded imo, but I agree not 'complete' just yet, as in like an 8/10 at least at most things.

Thought we handled him expertly today.

Edited by Kid Icarus