Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

On 10/07/2022 at 04:00, Scoot said:

Watching West Brom this coming season is going to bring back memories of when Pardew went to Palace and I was praying they lost every game. 

Christ, I forgot all about that.  Especially at the beginning, with the continuous smug shite-filled opinion pieces in the football press (incl the Grauniad - it wasn't limited to the red-top 'PFM' world) about how 'Pards' was mistreated by our support, and how wonderful a job he was doing - all the while with us saying 'give him time, he always has a little run of form before imploding'.  The fact he went from 'super duper manager wot those thick Jawdees done wrong' to deservedly sacked within roughly 18 months was wonderfully sweet.  Though nothing will top the smug twat's Cup Final celebration before Man Utd stole it.  Along with the '95 Cup Final, that's the only time I wanted Man Utd to win a final (and '95 was only because we'd have qualified for Europe)

17 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s going to take them close to relegation isn’t he?

He won’t be given that long.. be gone by end of November at the latest.. it’s exactly what he wants. Man is an absolute charlatan, all he sees is his next severance package to add his his retirement nest egg. He’ll take as many of them as he can get.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Like prime jogo bonito.

This is incredible man :lol:

They were already down a goal too ;D

Edited by KaKa

What was the final score?

I bet, if they ain't getting any signings in, he'll use that excuse when he gets sacked near Christmas time and say he wanted the January transfer window to change his side's fortune.

It is a shame really, as I always found West Brom's support to be a convivial bunch, and it is a grand old club steeped in working class traditions and with a solid history.  But I really will enjoy seeing that grifting fat cunt lose regularly.

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

He won’t be given that long.. be gone by end of November at the latest.. it’s exactly what he wants. Man is an absolute charlatan, all he sees is his next severance package to add his his retirement nest egg. He’ll take as many of them as he can get.

Thats why I said close to relegation, he won’t get that on his CV as they’ll have to give him his annual payout.

Honestly I reckon by constantly being sacked a short while into long contracts, he must have made more money as a manager than some seriously successful managers who do well enough to stay to the end of their contracts before moving on.

This "rewarding people for failure" mechanism surely needs to end? If I were a chairman I'd have some clause in there that "If we provide you with X transfer funds and you're not in Y position by Z date, you're gone with nothing".

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Honestly I reckon by constantly being sacked a short while into long contracts, he must have made more money as a manager than some seriously successful managers who do well enough to stay to the end of their contracts before moving on.

This "rewarding people for failure" mechanism surely needs to end? If I were a chairman I'd have some clause in there that "If we provide you with X transfer funds and you're not in Y position by Z date, you're gone with nothing".

Only desperate managers would accept something like that, and it has been Bruce that has been approached by clubs, not the other way around, so why would/should he accept something like that when his services are in demand?

Clubs just needs to be better at recruitment.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Only desperate managers would accept something like that, and it has been Bruce that has been approached by clubs, not the other way around, so why would/should he accept something like that when his services are in demand?

Clubs just needs to be better at recruitment.

I don't think only desperate managers would accept that. I think confident managers would accept, if the targets were realistic and you genuinely believed in yourself, and young hungry ones. Don't forget, "we can sack you for nothing (or a smaller fee than your full contract) if you fail to hit X" doesn't mean "we WILL sack you if you fail to hit X" - Extenuating circumstances like injuries etc can always be factored in and the board must still have a genuine desire to change manager in order to get rid of you.

I do agree that it would be a difficult sell for many though and we're a long way short of it becoming a thing, but I find it genuinely disgusting and offensive watching people like Bruce, Pardew etc lurch from failure to failure with £Xm payouts all the time.

The managerial recruitment scene needs an overhaul, where such failure is not rewarded. They need either short contracts so that payouts are minimised, or payouts are linked to achievements.

28 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Nee club crest on that polo shirt genuinely makes him look like a gas fitter.

Gas fitters worldwide now up in arms and boycotting bacon 

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Nee club crest on that polo shirt genuinely makes him look like a gas fitter.

"That's being a landlord and heating engineer for you.  As I've said many, many times, a bit of carbon monoxide is nothing to worry about.  Some of my tenants have rode their luck at times, but if one of them dies then we dust ourselves down and go again."

10 hours ago, Chris_R said:

“But but how can A work under such pressure?”