Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Bruce is by a million miles my most despised NUFC manager!

He was a fraud who belittled NUFC at every chance, bigged-up literally every opposition even if they were lower league,  constantly patronised our fans, got digs in at Rafa as well as a cheap dig at Eddie!

An utter shit manager and an utter shit person!

Mr 'Nice Guy', MY ARSE!

Edited by Paully

Seems to be a lot less outrage from the media over WBA binning him versus us. Nobody saying that he was hard done by as he was starting to "turn things around"; that he should be given a full season; that fan abuse was unwarranted; that he deserves better because he is "one of the most influential managers in the last century"; that WBA fans suffer from delusions of grandeur. Nothing.

Either his pals have cottoned on that he is, in fact, a woeful football manager, or it was all about kicking Newcastle and its fanbase to the curb the last time around being that we're too easy to bait. Maybe both.

It’s mainly the latter. 

Certain sections of the media and many fans of other clubs love to peddle the narrative that we are deluded and don’t deserve/ shouldn’t strive for better. They are scared and want to keep us small and also very jealous of the energy we can generate when we have an ambitious ownership who match our own desire. 

It won't be ideal because those in their 50's will be able to remember all sorts, whereas those under 20 will have only witnessed a few managers, but it would be very interesting to have a poll for least favourite manager in the PL era (I was getting into football during the first Keegan managerial years, so that works perfectly for me :evil5:)

Definitely Bruce for me, and by some distance. 

Also using the @Chris_Rtemplate, albeit with a slight modification for for most hated and most loved;

MOST HATED

Dalglish

HATE

Bruce

Pardew

Kinnear

Carver

Allardyce

DISLIKE/DISGUST

Souness

McClaren

APATHY

Shearer

Gullitt

Roeder

FONDNESS

Hughton

ADORE

Robson

Howe

Rafa

MOST ADORED

KK

HATE

Bruce

Pardew

Allardyce

Souness

DISLIKE/DISGUST

McClaren

Kinnear/Carver (Just meme managers, never took them seriously enough to hate them)

APATHY

Shearer

Roeder

FONDNESS

Hughton

Howe

ADORE

Robson

Rafa

Not old enough for the rest  

HATE

Bruce

Pardew

Souness

DISLIKE/DISGUST

Carver

Kinnear

Allardyce

APATHY

Shearer

Gullitt

Dalglish

McClaren

Roeder

FONDNESS

Hughton

Benitez

Howe

ADORE

Robson

Keegan

MOST HATED

Pardew

HATE

Bruce

Dalglish

Pardew

Kinnear

Carver

Allardyce

Souness

McClaren

Gullitt

DISLIKE/DISGUST

APATHY

FONDNESS

Hughton

Roeder

Shearer

Rafa

ADORE

Keegan

Howe

MOST ADORED

Robson

SBR pips Keegan for me due to KK scrapping the reserves plus KK coming back was just a weird period that we didn't need.

I hated Bruce from the moment he was announced.  He was one of Ashley's sick jokes.  A shameless piece of flaming dogshit.

For a while Pardew had some sympathy from me but but then he went full on snake.  My hate for him is borne of the fact that he was a hypocritical scuzzball.

Carver was totally miscast and a victim of the times.  Should have never been allowed near the first team, let alone manage it.

I loved Joe Kinnear.  Shit manager and I was sad to find out about his mental illness but by god he made me laugh.  He was Ashley's coup de grace of a middle finger to the supporters.

I despise Allardyce for the arrogant scumbag that he is.

McLaren was so totally over his head that I still don't think he ever recovered from his time here.

Shearer and Keegan were blips on the radar while I've followed the team.  However I genuinely celebrated Keegan's win over Ashley.

Chris Hughton is a genuine gentleman.  Although I still think with good backing he would have had success I was quietly happy he was let go before Ashley stained hi soul.

Rafa was a godsend and outshone the emotional blackhole that was Mike Ashley.  I will always remember his professionalism as we all stared into the abyss.

Howe is marvelous.  He's meticulous, passionate and a great man manager.  Hope he's here for a long time.

Its interesting that with the exception of McClaren everyone at the lower end is, for lack of a better term, a c*nt.

Shearer/Dalglish/Gullit are hard to like and dislike.

Whilst the favoured managers have class and are definitely not c*nts

To show its not success based I'd put Jim Smith (though he terrified me when he was here) and Ossie in fondness.

Bruce would be my most hated. There's an, albeit sociopathic based, grain of likability about Souness that puts him just ahead of Bruce and Allardyce at least knew what he was doing - his goal was to play abysmal football whereas with Bruce and Souness it was an accident.

Keegan on a different level to anybody else. Everything good we have now and have had can be traced back to him coming back.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Rafa is in the adore category for me, like. For three years he was everything, I was obsessed. 

To be fair thats just made me realise or re-realise that before and after him I didn't care about winning or losing, even looked at a relegation as a way to get rid of Ashley so wasn't a concern.

Apart from takeover rumours Rafa was the only link I had for those 3years, part of it was hope but part was wanting him to succeed for his loyalty and for his detractors.

So adore might be right here too.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 hours ago, Stal said:

Using the @Chris_R template;

HATE

Lord Westwood 

Mike Ashley 

Gordon Lee

DISLIKE/DISGUST

Bruce 

Dalglish 

Kinnear

Alardyce

APATHY

Shearer

Gullitt

Ardillas 

Dinnis 

FONDNESS

Hughton

Roeder

Benitez

Smith

Harvey

ADORE

Cox

Keegan

Robson

Howe

5 hours ago, Stal said:

14 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Anyone who hates Dalglish is probably just down to how he ripped Keegan's team up and then brought the old guards in to his. I hated it but dont hate him as a human being, unlike Bruce. Atleast Dalglish brought us Kelly Cates.

Even as I sat there watching us fade away, passing the ball sideways for 89minutes before trying for the last minute and knowing we had to get rid of him asap and awaiting his cryptic haiku post match interview - I still didn't dislike him. Still dont. Wonder if his riddling enigmatic interviews are the reason why, doesn't give away much of a true personality.

Have also since seen some of his football and he was an absolutely beautiful player.

Just did a such an horrific job here that sabotage would be a compliment.

Edited by Jonas

5 hours ago, Jonas said:

Even as I sat there watching us fade away, passing the ball sideways for 89minutes before trying for the last minute and knowing we had to get rid of him asap and awaiting his cryptic haiku post match interview - I still didn't dislike him. Still dont. Wonder if his riddling enigmatic interviews are the reason why, doesn't give away much of a true personality.

Have also since seen some of his football and he was an absolutely beautiful player.

Just did a such an horrific job here that sabotage would be a compliment.

His miserable interviews don’t help, it has to be said.  It was nice of him to use one to dedicate the semi final win to Shepherd and Hall after they were caught acting like arseholes in a Spanish bordello