Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Wonder what that berk chairman thinks now after describing Bruce as a safe pair of hands :lol:

Would love to know the medias thoughts. Very quiet on how a manager we shouldn't have sacked after 0 wins in 9 has dropped West Brom from 5th to the cusp of the relegation zone (courtesy of Coventry having played 3 games less).

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Would love to know the medias thoughts. Very quiet on how a manager we sacked after 0 wins in 9 has dropped West Brom from 5th to the cusp of the relegation zone (courtesy of Coventry having played 3 games less).

Won't hear peep out of them until he gets the bullet and another massive payoff for being shite.

"#WBA Steve Bruce says he’ll “batten down the hatches and get on with it” but accepts 1 win in 11 games “isn’t good enough”. Also contemplating a change of penalty taker after Karlan Grant’s third miss from the spot. #Baggies"

Anyone tries to tell me he wont take the hard decisions can gan ta shite, poor pen taker be distraught now 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

"#WBA Steve Bruce says he’ll “batten down the hatches and get on with it” but accepts 1 win in 11 games “isn’t good enough”. Also contemplating a change of penalty taker after Karlan Grant’s third miss from the spot. #Baggies"

Anyone tries to tell me he wont take the hard decisions can gan ta shite, poor pen taker be distraught now 

batten down the hatches :2funny:

Given that pretty much every player turned manager who played under Fergie has been dreadful with no tactical nous whatsoever, you've got to wonder how much of Fergie's dominance was just down to him being a very scary man.

LmpwZw

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Given that pretty much every player turned manager who played under Fergie has been dreadful with no tactical nous whatsoever, you've got to wonder how much of Fergie's dominance was just down to him being a very scary man.

It will be more of a case of Fergie giving players specific instructions for their role and their role only, and them believing their own hype because they played under him.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Learned how to play the victim. 

Sad but true, all he ever really picked up on was how to play the management game, keep getting jobs, never get criticism from the pathetic British PFM-loving media while not giving a fuck about the outcome or future of the clubs he managed and lining his flabby greasy bank account. What a bastard. The worst.

Im struggling badly now

The boss said: “I’m so frustrated and disappointed. 

“We haven’t started the game again, which is proving to be a real problem for us this season.

“I think it’s about the seventh or eighth time we’ve been a goal down in the early stages of a match this season.

“We gave ourselves a mountain to climb by going a goal down and by not doing any of the basics well enough in the early stages.

“I can understand the frustration at the end of the day because we haven’t won a game again, despite having several opportunities to do so.

“Defensively we have to be better, and I’m not just talking about the defenders or the goalkeeper, I’m talking about everyone individually and all of us as a team.

“Our defending for the second goal was poor. We’ve let the guy beat us and shoot from the edge of the area under no pressure at all. We must improve on that.

“We had a really good defensive record last year, but we also understood that we needed to be better going forward.

“Unfortunately we haven’t got the balance right. We can’t accept that we’re going to have to score two or three times in a game to win a match. That can’t happen.

“It could have been so different if our penalty goes in but that’s football, and at the moment, it’s tough.

“What we can’t argue about though is the fact we’ve won one game in 11. We can’t fluff anything up. We were probably unlucky again, but it’s all about winning a football match and we haven’t done that.”

You were out of your depth as a manager 20 years ago. Please make this your finish you fat, horrible, cheating, lazy, ignorant cunt. Do the decent thing, take your ill-gotten, undeserved proceeds from being utterly shit at your job for two decades and fuck off into the sunset.

2 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Im struggling badly now

The boss said: “I’m so frustrated and disappointed. 

“We haven’t started the game again, which is proving to be a real problem for us this season.

“I think it’s about the seventh or eighth time we’ve been a goal down in the early stages of a match this season.

“We gave ourselves a mountain to climb by going a goal down and by not doing any of the basics well enough in the early stages.

“I can understand the frustration at the end of the day because we haven’t won a game again, despite having several opportunities to do so.

“Defensively we have to be better, and I’m not just talking about the defenders or the goalkeeper, I’m talking about everyone individually and all of us as a team.

“Our defending for the second goal was poor. We’ve let the guy beat us and shoot from the edge of the area under no pressure at all. We must improve on that.

“We had a really good defensive record last year, but we also understood that we needed to be better going forward.

“Unfortunately we haven’t got the balance right. We can’t accept that we’re going to have to score two or three times in a game to win a match. That can’t happen.

“It could have been so different if our penalty goes in but that’s football, and at the moment, it’s tough.

“What we can’t argue about though is the fact we’ve won one game in 11. We can’t fluff anything up. We were probably unlucky again, but it’s all about winning a football match and we haven’t done that.”

Which team was he managing with these quotes?