Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

I had actually forgot about these quotes - absolute wanker!

Steve Bruce was on the warpath. “It is absolutely the biggest pile of shite I have ever heard,” the Newcastle United head coach said, adding a coating of characteristic indiscretion. It was January 2021 and his team were in the midst of a winless run which eventually stretched to 11 matches and Tyneside was bubbling with rumour; that Bruce had three games to save his job, that Eddie Howe was among the candidates to replace him.

Bruce lasered in on one publication. “I give respect,” he said. “When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year.” The reality of Mike Ashley’s ownership and its glass ceiling was hitting home. “Am I alone with the managers at Newcastle over the last 15 years? Hasn’t every manager been in exactly the same situation?” Bruce asked.

Beggars belief given the shite he spouted, the way we played, our record under him and his cosying up to far Mike that nufc fans were targeted by the media and barely anyone rightly called him out. The FOSB was in full swing and I doubt you’ll see anyone calling him into question at West Brom. Rinse and repeat, wankers.

Lose to Norwich tomorrow and the fans' consensus seems to be he should be gone straight away, there being time in the international break to replace him.

What an ungrateful lot. After all he's done for them. You don't just turn a situation like that round overnight you know.

Even with all his experience, with the way he's been treated he might even have to announce another cry-baby retirement and head off to Portugal to lick his lips. I mean wounds.

Luckily for Steve, it's the international break, so he'd have already booked his holiday flights to Portugal then anyway.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That laughing gif whenever they beat one of the big clubs with 27% possession and 2 shots at goal. :lol:

I remember Allardyce's Bolton getting a late winner against Chelsea and there was hell on. [emoji38]

I think it was when Chelsea were in their Mourinho pomp as well. 

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Don’t know if I’ve misremembered this but when we went down the first time weren’t WBA seen as a sort of model of how to run a football club? Would be around the time that Ashworth and Eales where there.

Now they’re a Sherwood away from completing PFM bingo.

If you get "house" on the PFM bingo, what do you win ?:scared:

"I'm a big admirer of Dean (Smith)," Bruce said. "He's done particularly well. I thought it was harsh, if I'm honest, that he lost his job at Villa, that's football now and we all accept it - time isn't afforded to all of us very often. 

"As for Dean, I'm a big admirer of his. I like him a lot as a person and as a manager - even though he did take my bloody job a few years ago! They've got a nucleus of a team which is better than most in the Championship."

So did West Brom have until you rocked up Steve! :lol:

30 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Bloke loves money and has the perfect formula for getting payouts.

Exactly this, who needs crypto or real estate or passive income or Tai Lopez or one of those YouTube get rich gurus, this is indeed the best formula for riches (but sadly not respect) 

Edited by kingxlnc