Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

31 minutes ago, midds said:

This cunt knows the game and how to play it perfectly. He's been under the pump so often he instinctively knows how to answer questions - he's so shit at his job that he has the answers ready to roll out from past experience. He's been so shit for so long that dealing with the legitimate criticism has become his job. He's no longer a football manager, he's become a person who takes over a team and attempts to avoid the sack for as long as he possibly can. Spin that fucker out. 9 months and a payoff? Epic. 1 year and 3 months? No bother, that'll do. 15 games? Fucking bring it on, daft cunts - easy money.

He's an utter piece of shit. No club should even consider him ever again

Fantastic that Midds

"The more we talk about conceding early, the worse it seems to get." :lol:

What an incredible admission of abject failure. We know what the problem is, I've told them not to do it, I've suggested how not to do it, but it keeps getting worse.  What could this mean?

That post match interview :lol:

"That's for sure"

"Difficult"

"That's the frustration we've all got"

Blame the players a bit

Blindly state you think it'll get better

Say I don't walk away

Interrupt the interviewer a bit

"That's for sure" again

And exit stage right 

48 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

When I read this I assumed you were predicting what he was going to say, not reporting what he already said.  

The guy's worse than a broken record.

Exactly the same here. I had a chuckle at that post and then scrolled down, watched the video and couldn't believe he actually said all that word for word. While smirking through the entire interview!! 

"we go again tomorrow" gives me fucking nightmares. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Exactly the same here. I had a chuckle at that post and then scrolled down, watched the video and couldn't believe he actually said all that word for word. While smirking through the entire interview!! 

"we go again tomorrow" gives me fucking nightmares. 

Yeah, I typed it all as it was going out live, like a stenographer who found himself in hell. 

As was mentioned, I could have tried typing it before the game and been somewhere close. So glad he's not here anymore. 

46 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

So clear from that interview, and every one he had with us, that he could not give one solitary shite about the situation he's crafted through his own ineptitude. Shame on anyone in professional football giving this dickhead another job. 

Parasite. Always has been, sadly a family trait he’s passed on as well as being a thin skinned cunt.

#WBA Steve Bruce: “It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly. I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters, but given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be”.

7 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

#WBA Steve Bruce: “It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly. I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters, but given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be”.

.... but given time, I'm sure I can milk these suckers for their last pennies, as I've done time and again. Now where's that kebab? 

13 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly = pay me off

I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters = every supporter of every club you've managed, except maybe Hull, hates you

given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be = in reality, top 6 to bottom 3. Not what they had in mind you destructive bastard.

On 04/10/2022 at 19:50, Ronson333 said:

He maintains that he is the man for the job, the one who can arrest this slide, which began with relegation from the top flight in 2021 and which he takes a share of the responsibility for, provided he is granted time - though that is a finite commodity.

"Chance is for other people to decide, all I can do is try to draw on my experience of tough times before," Bruce added.

"I'm convinced I'll turn it round. I've got to be clear that at times we've been close, could've won two, three, four of those games but we haven't. Let's keep bashing away and see where we can go."

Statement that boils my piss part 2: Prior to Bruce taking over, WBA had never finished lower than 5th in the Championship since the 2000/2001 season. Twenty seasons yo-yoing between bottom Premier League and top of the Championship. There was an impressive consistency to their results.

After Steve Bruce took over, WBA finished 10th in the Championship. They are currently in the relegation zone of the Championship.

Bruce isn't the "one who can arrest this slide, which began with relegation in 2021" - he is clearly, demonstrably, and single-handedly responsible for this slide, which began as soon as he took the job. 

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I hope for Hull's sake they get a new manager before Bruce gets sacked. The one club where the fans like him, surely they wouldn't?

He won't want a job now. He will want one towards the end of the season so he can blame the previous manager/ it is not his squad for whatever league position his team finish. Certainly won't want the accountability of having the January window to sign his own players. Then start the new season badly and get a payoff around October/ November next year. That is his business model. 

Anyway the cricket is on this winter in Australia. He wouldnt want 'coaching' a football team interfering with that. 

Edited by Bintang

From my mate Stu, a very laid back Baggies ST holder.

"I agree mate. Same set up, same tactics but just keeps switching the players around hoping for a change of luck. The least inspirational manager we’ve had in a while…and we’ve had Pepe Mel and James Shan."

On the feeling among the fans.

"Something like that, although home and away fans have turned now…”you’re getting sacked in the morning” sung last night and last Sat. I think people who think he’s a ‘nice guy’ are now realising that either isn’t true or doesn’t matter…he’s just a shite manager out for a pay day."

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Unbelievable how this knacker keeps getting work 

It's like giving Louise Woodward another bash at managing a crèche.

Edited by Rocker