Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

15 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Surprised at so many votes for Brentford, they have points in the bag but totally appreciate their form is absolutely woeful!

Most teams have games in hand on them and they are dropping like a stone 

if you look at the form table over last 5, 10, 15 & 20 games they are in bottom 3 for all of them but rock bottom in 3 of them 

Edited by gdm

Leeds could quite easily lose their next 3 games and in that time we’ve got a good chance at winning each of ours. Same goes for Everton. Brentford could do us a few favours but if we beat them and keep the run going we could be well out of it with our better players coming back. 

I finally have a tinge of confidence it won’t be us. It feels unnatural, but I like it. 

Edited by Dokko

It’s a little to early to say. Brentford have to play pretty much all the bottom teams, but their form is really bad and they have played more games than anyone else. If they lose their next 3 games then I can’t see them staying up, the damage will pretty much have been done. If they got 6 points or more though then they will likely be safe.

46 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Leeds could quite easily lose their next 3 games and in that time we’ve got a good chance at winning each of ours. Same goes for Everton. Brentford could do us a few favours but if we beat them and keep the run going we could be well out of it with our better players coming back. 

I finally have a tinge of confidence it won’t be us. It feels unnatural, but I like it. 

Think Leeds are in trouble. They arent playing well at all and they dont want to defend. And cant. 

2 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Norwich, Everton, Villa, I would love the latter 2 to go down, I'm kind of indifferent about Norwich, I wish Burnley would just fuck off though, they shouldn't be a Premier League club.  I don't think watford will as long as Hodgson is still sound mentally.

I would love to see Villa & Everton go down! Would finally get Gerard and Lampard playing together behind Rooney… in the Championship!! 

Just now, McDog said:

So long ago.

Point is only takes a wee run of form to get you in a better position. Easy to dismiss Burnley by saying they’ve only won 2 all season. Well we’ve only won 2 more than them and that’s due to a nice run of form 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Point is only takes a wee run of form to get you in a better position. Easy to dismiss Burnley by saying they’ve only won 2 all season. Well we’ve only won 2 more than them and that’s due to a nice run of form 

I agree, they seem like they have right stuff but we'll see. 

Surprised by all the Brentford votes. Yes, their form is dreadful during a tough schedule but according to xG they should have ~36 points by now and be safe already. Bruce did show us that lucky/unlucky spells can go on for much longer than most would expect so anything is possible but I have to vote for Norwich, Watford and Burnley. 

https://understat.com/league/EPL

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Just can’t look past Burnley only winning 2 games all season so far.

There's 2 things that scare me about Burnley. First is the way they turned things around last season after looking as hopeless as they have been this year. Second, they are still the same old solid, defensively strong Burnley and even the best teams struggle to beat them. If they can improve their goalscoring even a little bit then they will climb the table. I just hope the win against Brighton was just a freak result against a makeshift defence rather than a sign of things to come.

TBH it's a really interesting relegation battle all of a sudden and I think you can make a case for anyone staying up (except Norwich I reckon). Thank God we have this 4 point cushion and a bit of momentum.

I'm not sure Brentfords bad form is due to a tough schedule. They are above us because they had a great opening to the season. But they have not been great since middle of October. I think it's harder for a team like Brentford to turn it around than it is for Watford, or Burnley. Burnley is used to be shit and grind it out, I'm not sure Brentford is used to that, and they will feel the heat.

I have:

Norwich

Brentford

Burnley (it was between them and Watford, and I think Watford has the quality to hit a good streak some time during the season)

Edited by Peder75