Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

11 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Norwich, Watford and one of us, Brentford or Burnley. 

I just don’t see enough goals in the team to get to 37 points. Hope I’m wrong. 

We're still managing to score, mind, even if the options for goal scorers are lacking

42 minutes ago, Pata said:

This forum surely rates Burnley a lot. :lol:

Burnley has a lot going for them relative to the other candidates.

1. Easiest run in. (Everton has toughest by the way.)

2. Four games in hand on Brentford, two on most everyone else

3. By far best goal differential of the bottom seven

4. Generally better off in the form tables than everyone but us. 

5. They've been here before; a relegation fight isn't new to them

36 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Burnley has a lot going for them relative to the other candidates.

1. Easiest run in. (Everton has toughest by the way.)

2. Four games in hand on Brentford, two on most everyone else

3. By far best goal differential of the bottom seven

4. Generally better off in the form tables than everyone but us. 

5. They've been here before; a relegation fight isn't new to them

Not to mention they’ve replaced Chris Wood with far better.

Put me down as another who will think Burnley will (just barely) get out of it. My three (from 20th to 18th) is Norwich, Watford, and Brentford. Given Everton's run in I actually think there's a pretty good chance they finish 17th.

Liverpool's version of the Chronicle (The Echo) has a fixture prediction tool that lets you just predict the result of each of the remaining fixtures, then at the end shows you where your results have everyone finishing. I actually had us on 38 points, which was good for 13th. Just Google 'Echo fixture predictor' if you want to give it a try.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Put me down as another who will think Burnley will (just barely) get out of it. My three (from 20th to 18th) is Norwich, Watford, and Brentford. Given Everton's run in I actually think there's a pretty good chance they finish 17th.

Liverpool's version of the Chronicle (The Echo) has a fixture prediction tool that lets you just predict the result of each of the remaining fixtures, then at the end shows you where your results have everyone finishing. I actually had us on 38 points, which was good for 13th. Just Google 'Echo fixture predictor' if you want to give it a try.

Same here, Norwich, Watford, and Brentford to go down with us in 13th on 40 points. Although, I might've been a bit too generous to Burnley, who I had in 11th [emoji38] 

Palace and Villa aren't out of the scrap either, both have tough run-ins and are in poor form.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Burnley are/were as low down table on account of having played so few games as much as anything else, they've been hard enough to beat all season but have struggled to win games. Also don't buy the idea that we've necessarily strengthened them, Wood had supposedly scored double figures in last few seasons because Burnley played to his strengths, but the 6ft6 Dutch shithouse they’ve signed is definitely better because he has looked decent in a handful of games (where they have also played to his strengths).

40 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just done that predictor on the Echo and I’ve got Watford, Brentford and Norwich down.

Was generous with one or two results for us but had us on 43 points which with confidence high I don’t think we’ll be far off.

I had us finishing 10th :lol: on 47 points :lol: can tell we haven't had a decent run for a while. We'll be nowhere near 10th but I do think we'll be closer to that position than to the bottom 3 come the end of the season. I had Leeds, Watford and Norwich going down but Leeds on level points with Burnley, 1 behind Brentford and 2 behind Everton. Could go down to the last day, hopefully we're clear by the time that comes.

Teams won't want to play us at SJP. We've only lost at home to Man City under Howe and the scoreline flattered Man City that day. Bar Liverpool I think all of our home games are winnable, or at least we can get points from. Away from home is an area we haven't seen much of under Howe given how many home games we've had recently and the opposition in the away games that we have had.

Think Norwich and Watford are certs to go down, joined by one from Brentford, Leeds or Everton. Burnley look to have gained some second half of season momentum again.

Also believe this is when we are now looking up instead of below.