Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

11 hours ago, Dokko said:

Leeds could quite easily lose their next 3 games and in that time we’ve got a good chance at winning each of ours. Same goes for Everton. Brentford could do us a few favours but if we beat them and keep the run going we could be well out of it with our better players coming back. 

I finally have a tinge of confidence it won’t be us. It feels unnatural, but I like it. 

Could quite honestly see both of these go down this season, Everton have a hard run in and Leeds just can´t seem to win games even though they are playing good football.

A couple of wins for us will transfer the pressure from us on to these lot...

42 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Norwich, Watford and one of us, Brentford or Burnley. 

I just don’t see enough goals in the team to get to 37 points. Hope I’m wrong. 

This is my feeling. I’m still not confident we will stay up…

50 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We've scored more goals than Brentford and Burnley over our last ten games, for what it's worth.

My general feeling is that the recent form is the real newcastle United. The stink of Bruce is being washed away and with a decent manager the players are now playing to the standard they should be at. It’s no coincidence Schar, willock, Fraser, Joelinton etc have started to look like different players. Yes we may struggle for goals that’s the main concern but this squad should never be going so long without a win. I think if we can continue to get positive results over next few weeks we will go from strength to strength and be fine. 

Edited by gdm

5 points off 11th with games in hand over those in 13th and 14th. I think anyone from Crystal Palace down are in danger of being dragged into it. Arguably Aston Villa are only a point above them and are on a really bad run so depending how their next few games go they could get dragged in also.

Brentford is a huge game because it will scare the life out of all those teams above us if we get a win as suddenly Newcastle who were doomed to relegation only a couple months ago will be above them in the table .

13 hours ago, ilikenewcastle said:

There's 2 things that scare me about Burnley. First is the way they turned things around last season after looking as hopeless as they have been this year. Second, they are still the same old solid, defensively strong Burnley and even the best teams struggle to beat them. If they can improve their goalscoring even a little bit then they will climb the table. I just hope the win against Brighton was just a freak result against a makeshift defence rather than a sign of things to come.

TBH it's a really interesting relegation battle all of a sudden and I think you can make a case for anyone staying up (except Norwich I reckon). Thank God we have this 4 point cushion and a bit of momentum.

That's the way i'm seeing it, no doubt Burnley are a hard team to break down but Brighton were well below par on Saturday. Just wait until Dan Burn is missing for us at some point, it won't be pretty. Can only assume they are in the same boat.

Looking at Burnley's fixtures, it's easy to imagine them getting 0 points from next 4 games, maybe a draw with Palace but that is no certainty.

Relegation probabilities based on current Betfair Exchange odds:

Norwich: 87%

Watford: 74%

Burnley: 57%

Brentford: 22%

Leeds: 22%

Newcastle: 17%

Everton: 17%

Palace: 4%

Villa: 1%

I voted Norwich/Brentford/Palace

Think Norwich are unquestionably doomed but can see Watford and/or Burnley putting a few results together and potentially getting out of it. Even if they do, still not massively worried for our fate as enough faltering teams above us and lots of them playing each other in coming weeks. Brentford look to be unraveling fairly quickly and remains to be seen how they will react to being bogged down in relegation scrap, hopefully we can beat them next and I could see them dropping down rapidly. Palace flattering to deceive for me, play some nice football and have some decent attacking options but have been largely shite away from Selhurst and look powder puff at back, jury still out on Viera and think he might not be experienced or pragmatic enough to turn things round - next two games against Watford and Burnley are massive for them.

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

I think Burnley will overhaul us and we won’t manage to reel Brentford or Leeds in. The Trippier injury and Wood’s general cloggerishness will prove devastating.

The fuck is this nonsense?

9 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I think Burnley will overhaul us and we won’t manage to reel Brentford or Leeds in. The Trippier injury and Wood’s general cloggerishness will prove devastating.

FFS, calm down lad or should I say mackem?

We've already reeled Leeds and Brentford in. It's time to overtake them :cool:

53 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Hot take.

Norwich Watford and Brentford for me. Burnley know the dance.

I hope we are now showing a truer reflection of this Newcastle side, whereas before we were playing well below par. Injuries are a worry like.