Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I dunno, Leeds have conceded over 2 goals a game. That’s horrific. 

New manager should tighten things up with more training time and with bamford back and Phillips & cooper back in next few weeks will massively improve them 

Guest neesy111
Just now, gdm said:

New manager should tighten things up with more training time and with bamford back and Phillips & cooper back in next few weeks will massively improve them 

Marsche isn't known for his defensive capabilities.

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, gdm said:

It Can’t get much worse than it was under bielsa 

Well, it did vs Villa.  Worst performance of the season according to their fans.

Edited by neesy111

12 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Well, it did vs Villa.  Worst performance of the season according to their fans.

He had a week ffs :lol:  Look how long it too howe to change things here

Didn't want to predict our results so did it a different and I've got us needing 2points to stay ahead of Everton and Watford, 6 Burnley and 9 Leeds and Brentford. So presumably Norwich, Everton and Watford - if we don't lose to Everton.

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Watford have a fairly kind fixture list but they're a very difficult team to gauge.

I think if Everton don't beat us on Thursday, they'll be going down.

We need another win to make sure, hopefully will get that soon enough.

Don’t talk dirty to me like that, you’re making me aroused.

2 hours ago, maze said:

Still think we need 35-38 to be 'safe'.

Not need 38, no chance 3 of the bottom 5 will get that amount of points. 35 points (I actually think it will be less than that) will see us safe. I also think we will have over 40 points come the end of the season. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Not need 38, no chance 3 of the bottom 5 will get that amount of points. 35 points (I actually think it will be less than that) will see us safe. I also think we will have over 40 points come the end of the season. 

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, in which case barring an aberration we'll be fine.

I just think that, eventhough we have performed excellent, we have a more difficult remaining fixture than some teams below us. That’s why I think it’s a bit premature to proclaim we are safe just yet. 

Today was more about a shit ref than us playing bad, which imo is reassuring, and gives hope we can pick up the additional ‘required’ points to survive. 

17 minutes ago, maze said:

I just think that, eventhough we have performed excellent, we have a more difficult remaining fixture than some teams below us. That’s why I think it’s a bit premature to proclaim we are safe just yet. 

Today was more about a shit ref than us playing bad, which imo is reassuring, and gives hope we can pick up the additional ‘required’ points to survive. 

Even excluding games against the bigger sides, which we can take points from. We have home games v Wolves, Leicester and Palace and away games v Everton, Norwich and Burnley. I'll be shocked if we don't take at least five points from those games.

Can't call it. Norwich definitely and Watford probably. Brentford looked in huge trouble a couple of weeks ago but now look fine. I'd still probably say Leeds are way more likely to go down than Everton but honestly my opinions are changing every week right now. As for us, I expect a few dropped points with our run in, but only a total collapse (even worse form than the first 10 games of the season) will see us in any trouble.

It'd be mint if the last match day had 4-5 teams in the mix for survival/drop. After subjecting myself to that Burnley match yesterday, I'd say the current bottom 3 are the most likely to go down.  Burnley are the most negative team in the league now that Bruceball is where it belongs.  The match felt like it took ages, similar to how painful we were to watch the last few years.