Southampton vs Newcastle United: 10/03/2022 @ 19:30 (No UK TV)

LRD

16 minutes ago, Thiago said:

If he's had hamstring tightness it would be bold to push him to play twice in four days. I think they might be doing what we did with ASM before West Ham. Either way we go to try and win.

who? Salisu? He didn’t play in their last game vs Villa. Seems he’ll play tomorrow against us though:

Hassenhutl: "No fresh injuries. Yes, [Nathan] Tella was back in session. But not available for the game. Sali, we'll have a look if he manages to play tomorrow [against Newcastle].

"Yes, in the end, the rest after the game [against Aston Villa] is fit, is okay."

5 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Desperate to beat these cunts now. Their whiny manager can watch through tears whilst Wood gets a brace.

Chris Wood is doing an effective job, but others are scoring the goals, and I feel that he really needs to get one or two himself, very soon.

I have no doubt that he will start scoring soon, and it would seem logical that the game against Southampton would be a very good place to start.

Watch this space . . . 

Edited by manorpark

Still think we'll win by 3 or 4 goals like we will definitely thrash some one before the end of the season and would love it to be these. Taking a draw before the game Is absolute crazy talk and that attitude belongs in the past, we are one of the in form teams in the country now and the only way is up.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Still think we'll win by 3 or 4 goals like we will definitely thrash some one before the end of the season and would love it to be these. Taking a draw before the game Is absolute crazy talk and that attitude belongs in the past, we are one of the in form teams in the country now and the only way is up.

Can't blame the beaten dog for flinching. There's always that thought in the back of your head, it's great that we didn't play well against Brighton and still won but you can't help but wonder if we were in a purple patch up until then. I trust Howe and he's earned that trust 10 times over but it's going to take time for the belief to be back full time.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Can't blame the beaten dog for flinching. There's always that thought in the back of your head, it's great that we didn't play well against Brighton and still won but you can't help but wonder if we were in a purple patch up until then. I trust Howe and he's earned that trust 10 times over but it's going to take time for the belief to be back full time.

It's not just that. Southampton only lost once at home. They are strong there, so a  point is decent result. We can win obviously, in strong form atm.

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

who? Salisu? He didn’t play in their last game vs Villa. Seems he’ll play tomorrow against us though:

Hassenhutl: "No fresh injuries. Yes, [Nathan] Tella was back in session. But not available for the game. Sali, we'll have a look if he manages to play tomorrow [against Newcastle].

"Yes, in the end, the rest after the game [against Aston Villa] is fit, is okay."

Yes mate, my point is they've got a game against Watford on Sunday. 

When you consider their style is so physically demanding it seems a big ask for Salisu to play two games in four days when he's only just coming back from a tight hamstring. 

EDIT: And they've got the cup too. Big ask.

Edited by Thiago

Tonight the team he picks will be interesting, he will have to rotate in this run of 4 games in 10 days. For everyone that’s been looking for any reason to start Bruno they will probably get their wish soon enough :lol:

Edited by Nine