Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

I doubt it'll continue to the levels Abramovich had it running at given that he clocked up £2bn in debt doing so. If any of the current American owners have shown us is that they're a business first bunch of greedy bastards. Which is nice. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

You might want read about the man and what he said in 2019 in Bloomberg about football before making a randomly generalized view of Americans owning football teams. 

You might want to post the link about the man and what he said in 2019 in Bloomberg about football before making a post randomly. AMERICANS BOOOOOOO

Edited by OCK

3 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Football club valuations really confuse me (not difficult I know). Are Chelsea really worth these sort of figures whilst we sold for around £300m?

I reckon you get a second business with  Chelsea with the amount of players on their books and the amount they charge in loan fees for them.

Just now, Gawalls said:

I reckon you get a second business with  Chelsea with the amount of players on their books and the amount they charge in loan fees for them.

Not to mention the value of playing ‘assets’ compared to ours. Lukaku was £100m alone (granted that wouldn’t necessarily be £100m added to the value of the club as such, but it shows a comparative.)

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was only 12 months ago we were all complaining that Ashley valued us too highly and was pricing buyers out of the sale.

Exactly, something is worth what you can get for It and it took Ashley long enough to sell it at this so let’s not pretend otherwise.

4 hours ago, Gawalls said:

How many players a club can load out is being gradually limited though over the coming years.

6 minutes ago, Pixie10 said:

Fine.

I hope Saoudis will give a lot of money.

Newcastle need a better team.

Fire everybody except Saint Maximin .

You spelt Bruno wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Pixie10 said:

Hi

you re a soccer fan ?

Wanna be a part of the game of the decade between the Reds and the White House ?

Wanna see the elite of the world of soccer gathered at Paris , may 28?

Vinicius piercing Van Dijk ? Benzema displaying his skills in front of the beast Konate ?

Rodrygo the new brazilian prodigy who killed Man City in the last minutes of a legendary meeting ?

Arnold , the best right foot of the planet ? Salah and Mane throwing some africans spells among

Real Madrid defenders ?

I got a ticket for this event.

You can call me at this number +33762517826 or send an email [email protected]

Will you kindly take payment in amazon gift cards? 

4 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

It's crap for the league that it'll be another American led consortium, they'll be pushing all the more for changed to our league and game to make it more like the MLS.

:lol: Genuinely, though...which American sport is worse than the EPL?

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

All of them 🤷🏻‍♂️ How many of them does anyone outside of North America genuinely give a shit about?

:lol: The...entire world, man. The entire world.

You can not like the sports but our approach to pro sports is nothing to dismiss.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

You can not like the sports but our approach to pro sports is nothing to dismiss.

This is about as valid an opinion, as the American National champions declaring themselves World Champions every year. #Bollocks

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lack of relegation or pyramid means it's all boring shite, I'm afraid. 

US approach to sporting excellence and development in general is great. And the passion people have for sport in general is possibly unrivalled globally.

The league systems of the major sports are all atrocious though. Closed shop, no risk, engineered deliberately to maximise and secure the revenue of billionaires to the detriment of any true sporting pyramid. Draft system to give the illusion of fairness in what is a completely rigged game. Each and every one of the major sports are ran exactly like the proposed European Super League which was rightly lambasted as a disgrace.

I know very very few people - those I know in the UK, Europe and Asia - who actually follow US sports through the regular season. I mean why would you bother? It is literally a giant waste of time in a sporting sense. Watching an NBA game in person during the regular season was almost snore inducing.

People tune in for the odd big playoff game and the Superbowl. That is it.

Edited by ponsaelius

Plenty of people watch regular season games and love them man :lol:

The fan experience is streets ahead as well, as is the quality of the merchandise, food and drink and that kind of thing. 

Of course if your prefer things gritty and real, Portsmouth v Milwall in the playoffs is always going to win out. 

I think the fan experience has to be better because there's nowt much else happening on the pitch. At least when you go to a Test Match you know you're there all week but it just feels like that when you go to a baseball or American football game.