Southampton 1 - 2 Newcastle United (10/03/2022)

Disco

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

We've been naff. Mind, Willock should've scored just on HT there. Really liking Bruno.

They're overloading our right. Their goal and almost all of their attacks have come on that side.

I think Bruno has been poor and looked off the pace.

Agree we are vulnerable down our right hand side though.

I think the whole team has looked tired/sluggish compared to recent performances.

Still in the game though and could've easily scored right on half time.

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Or get the bloke playing in front of him to actually contribute defensively rather than just hang him out to dry repeatedly. That's the issue there tonight. 

Imagine if ASM was in front of him then 😂

Think people have short memories, this squad was shit 3 /4/months ago , going down , we are no where near yet Southampton/WolvesBrighton football wise yet, but we will get there , be fooking patient man .

we aren’t losing, we are competing, we are level .

:indi:

Some absolutely fucking awful passes played tonight and then shelvey getting caught in possession has has had my heart in my mouth. 

They're targeting our right side every time. 

Bruno been quiet, but when you have Shelvey playing shite beside you, it's hard to judge him.

Guest HTT II

Bruno will need someone with legs around him. Someone a bit dynamic and who can sit and cover and also press forward.

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

He is, but hasn't really shown it that half.

Aye he's been a bit shaky, in fairness to him though, tough place to get your first start, especially considering the players missing and alongside an injured schar.  You can see he'll come good.  HIm and Shelvey seem to be battling for the same role.

Need to get Murphy off as not only is he offering nothing going forward but since the booking he’s not making any challenges either. Southampton have free reign down that side 

Edited by et tu brute

Decent enough half albeit we lost our way for spells. Shelvey and Bruno have shown some excellent quality on the ball, should we get more goals here it's very likely to be instigated by one of those two. Willock has been quite poor in possession for me, he lacks the composure of his midfield partners although his pressing and energy are unquestionable. I'm fairly convinced that Bruno-Shelvey-Joelinton is our strongest midfield 3 when all fit.

Guest reefatoon

We are really missing Joelinton’s pressing and energy in the midfield. Our weak side in the right is being exploited too which is a bit of a worry. Krafth and Murphy have been awful.  1-1 though, well happy with that.

Folks, our midfield had worse performances with Joe in the field against teams that are worse than Saints. Southhampton has just lost a single home game in the entire season. We could not keep possession at all last time against Brighton with Joe in the field. 

Edited by Solitude20

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Think people have short memories, this squad was shit 3 /4/months ago , going down , we are no where near yet Southampton/WolvesBrighton football wise yet, but we will get there , be fooking patient man .

we aren’t losing, we are competing, we are level .

:indi:

The voice of reason

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Some absolutely fucking awful passes played tonight and then shelvey getting caught in possession has has had my heart in my mouth. 

They're targeting our right side every time. 

Bruno been quiet, but when you have Shelvey playing shite beside you, it's hard to judge him.

Yea, the heat map will be bright all over the right. Everything heads straight down the right.

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I think Bruno has been poor and looked off the pace.

Agree we are vulnerable down our right hand side though.

I think the whole team has looked tired/sluggish compared to recent performances.

Still in the game though and could've easily scored right on half time.

He's played some brilliant passes, should have an assist with that cross to Willock and recycles possession very well. Shame his teammates aren't as good at doing so.

Edited by HaydnNUFC