Southampton 1 - 2 Newcastle United (10/03/2022)

Disco

Guest HTT II

We are being overrun all over the park, kind of frustrating. Our midfield is fucking rank.

Edited by HTT II

Not been great, Southampton press is better than ours, and our attacks are broken down with some ease.

Though Shelvey has the assist, hes been pretty poor on a number of touches. 

Hopefully Eddie gets them in now, and gets them up for the second half.

Just now, Conjo said:

Highlight of the half, besides the goal, was Krafth knocking the ball past Elyounoussi and trying to out pace him. Bless his confidence :lol: 

:lol: I'm hoping that earns him a place on the substitutes bench for the second half

Just now, Away Toon said:

This is like watching the Brighton game, first of all they are way better than we are, secondly we are incapable of keeping possession, I know we have been getting results but just in case anybody thinks we are any good, we aren't.

So we’re not as good as the teams around 6th, 7th & 8th but we we have beat all of the bottom 5 teams.

I’m personally really happy with that improvement so far considering the time and the toughness of last transfer window and what Howe started with.

Just now, Away Toon said:

This is like watching the Brighton game, first of all they are way better than we are, secondly we are incapable of keeping possession, I know we have been getting results but just in case anybody thinks we are any good, we aren't.

I think that's harsh. Being incapable of keeping possession against 2 teams who have been drilled over the past 3 seasons to do so and with so much consistency of playing staff and management team. 

Can't have it all. We need to win games where we aren't on top and we've managed to do so last week, this week may or may not  go the same way yet.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I think he's done well considering how the game has gone. Without him we'd have had less of the ball and have been under even more pressure. He's the only one in the middle moving the ball around. 

It's not a criticism of him as such, just we ain't seeing the best of him more due to the way the game is going, and whom he has around him tonight.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Get Krafth off and we have a chance 

Or get the bloke playing in front of him to actually contribute defensively rather than just hang him out to dry repeatedly. That's the issue there tonight. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We've been naff. Mind, Willock should've scored just on HT there. Really liking Bruno.

They're overloading our right. Their goal and almost all of their attacks have come on that side.

Hassenhutel reads this forum and because of you lot he knows how shit Krafth is....Well done guys, well fucking done.