Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle United (13/03/2022)

Mike

26 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Would love to punch Havertz repeatedly in the face 

Dan Burn would be at the front of that particular queue I think, probably won't be owt left of him after that.:lol:

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

To protect the top 6. I know people want to believe that that's conspiratorial, but it's clear as day.

Aye, it's clear as day that the big six are refereed and judged by VAR differently to every other team, whether that's unconscious bias or the PL seeing it as advantageous to their product for the big six to win :dontknow: but there's clearly something not right.

Edited by Jackie Broon

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Dan Burn would be at the front of that particular queue I think, probably won't be owt left of him after that.:lol:

I also thought the same, however Haverrz apologised profusely in his after match interview.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Aye, it's clear as day that the big six are refereed and judged by VAR differently to every other team, whether that's unconscious bias or the PL seeing it as advantageous to their product for the big six to win :dontknow: but there's clearly something not right.

Ex-referees have openly admitted in the past that part of their role is to 'protect the brand' and that they knew if they gave a big decision against one of the top 4 as it was then, they'd run the risk of not getting another big game for weeks.

About as close to obvious conscious bias as it gets really.

Edited by Kid Icarus

God, I'd hate to have to watch them every week. Ziyech flopping to the deck every 10 mins, Jorginho asking for cards each time there's a foul, Rudiger on the edge of starting a brawl, Mount just generally being one of the most overhyped players of all time. All that while your best player is on the bench [emoji38]

A loss in that matter hurts like hell, but going to try and list the positives.

- Incredibly spirited performance against the current world champions, with a number of key players out or not fully fit

- No real hit on the goal difference

- One of the toughest fixtures out the way

- Our overriding objective was just to stay up, the gap is now at 9 points, but effectively 10 given the disparity in g/d and as mentioned, Chelsea out the way

- The players will hopefully be seething with that and will be well up for Everton game.

40 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

The thing with the red is that an equivalent amount of force and recklessness with a tackle on the ground would have been a red. Yes you need to use your arms to jump, but it’s your responsibility where your body ends up, and he’s led with his elbow into the head of the opponent in a reckless way. Absolutely should be a red.

This is my point as well. An 'accidental elbow' (which is debatable) is still putting players in danger, an elbow to the head is far more dangerous than a kick to a shin. 

Just now, pubteam said:

This is my point as well. An 'accidental elbow' (which is debatable) is still putting players in danger, an elbow to the head is far more dangerous than a kick to a shin. 

100%. Absolutely ludicrous that this is even debated, given what is known about head injuries. Improve your jumping technique, or don’t challenge for balls you’re nowhere near making. 

Deliberate elbow for me - the point of his elbow was higher than his own head - that's not leverage that's a total cheap shot which should be viewed as dangerous play - seen red cards for less and you just have to look at the state of his face for confirmation

Guest neesy111
Just now, Kanji said:

What exactly is the point of VAR if it’s only applied randomly. 

To benefit the top 6.

It's the PL and PMGOL who have implemented this badly.

28 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Rudiger is absolutely massive, and a great player. What a cunt but I wouldnt mind lining him up next to big Dan Burn next season. :bluestar:

He's such a snidey fucking arsehole.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

To benefit the top 6.

It's the PL and PMGOL who have implemented this badly.

Exactly. There’s a pitch side screen, fucking take a look Ref. 

II think there's a reason Dan Burn is so angry with the little cunt, and that's that he knows it was deliberate. He'd probably been crying over a fair tackle a minute beforehand.

29 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Went away to Chelsea with Trippier, Shelvey, Wilson, Joelinton injured, ASM only for enough for the bench, and we were robbed.

So proud of the players. All of them were immense and we've grown so much as a team since Howe came in.

VAR is a fucking disgrace not giving a review for the penalty claim though. There were TWO "clear and obvious" errors there, first it was never a corner because there guy never touched the ball, and secondly it was a clear foul. Corner kick just a joke outcome from that passage of play and the one thing it should never have been.

Exactly. that's what makes it even more mind boggling. The excuse of "not a clear an obvious error" goes out the window as the ref gave a corner away.

So either VAR looked at it and thought, he got the ball (impossible as he was nowhere near) or he played the man, and its a clear error and the ref should be called to look at it. that doesn't even take into account the shirt pull which was a clear penalty on its own.

fucking despicable.