Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Calm down fella. Some think it's a bit stupid you banging on about winning 4-0, but just have a bit more tact.

If we can beat Norwich, Palace (matches where we will be favourites), draw Everton, Leicester and Wolves, and then anything else from the other 4 will be a bonus, before heading down to Burnley on ca. 40 points for a stress free final day, then I will be pretty happy. 

I am calm, we're 9 points ahead of them man ? why not just take a draw against Palace as well then they are better than Everton? We all know Eddie Howe won't be playing for a draw anyway so guess we have nothing to worry about just a bit bemused why so many people are saying they'd take a draw here of all places given the form they're in.

6 hours ago, 54 said:

I knew their form was bad, just due to where they are, but I didn't quite realize is was THIS bad :lol: 

image.thumb.png.a6d01ddba49525bb00f71212178f2aa8.png

Looks like the ir top scorer under Funtime Frankie is our very own Jamal Lascelles

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

I am calm, we're 9 points ahead of them man ? why not just take a draw against Palace as well then they are better than Everton? We all know Eddie Howe won't be playing for a draw anyway so guess we have nothing to worry about just a bit bemused why so many people are saying they'd take a draw here of all places given the form they're in.

I want them smashing and nothing less. Unleash “ the beast” :indi:

After our run of form and performance against Chelsea and their respective run of form, anyone that says they'll take a draw now is still haunted by Ashley and Bruce ball. We should absolutely be looking to win this, comfortably.

2 hours ago, Mattoon said:

After our run of form and performance against Chelsea and their respective run of form, anyone that says they'll take a draw now is still haunted by Ashley and Bruce ball. We should absolutely be looking to win this, comfortably.

Eddie will want blood after having points robbed at Chewsy! We’ll smash ‘em I’m convinced of it. If we have Big Joe back it’ll be brutal! :indi:Fucking love us more and more as each new game approaches. What is this Southern sorcery? 

7 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Nail on heed.

You’d imagine the atmosphere will be red hot initially and they’ll have a proper go at us. If we get control of the game in midfield though the crowd will get nervous. They are very vulnerable to the counter and ASM and Willock would be ideal for this game.

They have to win, draw is fine for us

It’s a must win game for them so it’s only natural to think it’s going to be a tough one. For all they haven’t been great they should have drawn at home to City the other week, a point is absolutely fine for us.

Quite often when a teams long unbeaten run comes to end they can suffer a blip for a few games, let’s hope with changes in personnel and the general feeling of being robbed on Sunday we are bang up for this.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s a must win game for them so it’s only natural to think it’s going to be a tough one. For all they haven’t been great they should have drawn at home to City the other week, a point is absolutely fine for us.

Quite often when a teams long unbeaten run comes to end they can suffer a blip for a few games, let’s hope with changes in personnel and the general feeling of being robbed on Sunday we are bang up for this.

The great thing about Howe is you know how level headed he’ll be after the loss and have the lads mentally prepared. It’s the old story of not getting too high after wins or too low after a loss. 

14 hours ago, astraguy said:

Eafa got sacked after the norwich game i believe,  so that's 1 win in 7 4 against teams they should beat

It's worse than that, it's six defeats in seven games. They've not scored in five of those games, or six given that the goal against us was a goalline clearance that hit Lascelles and went in.

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

You’d imagine the atmosphere will be red hot initially and they’ll have a proper go at us. If we get control of the game in midfield though the crowd will get nervous. They are very vulnerable to the counter and ASM and Willock would be ideal for this game.

They have to win, draw is fine for us

It will be a nervous support, it might be noisy just before kick off but all we need to do is get a free kick or corner in the first couple of minutes and it will go silent

22 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Got that horrible feeling we will lose this somehow :lol:

Want Everton relegated so much and we've always gifted points to those I want relegated.

Aye, I reckon we could get swept away if they score early.

The first goal will be big here. It'll determine the atmosphere for the rest of the game.

Thet said even if they score first, I can't see us getting swept away. We haven't conceded more than a single goal in a game since December and Everton haven't scored a goal at all in their last few.