Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

5 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

Get the feeling we'll score early and it'll turn into a bad day for them. Also, am I allowed to watch games again now we've lost? :lol:

Did you watch the last one? Then no. 

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Desperate for Big Jo to come back. He's such a nuisance and would be good for a battle with Doucoure

Yeah we really missed his power and pace in the middle on Sunday. Would love to see how he would get on in the same midfield as Bruno and little Joe.

A win  1) we break their backs and 2)  relegation-meter goes to -1 (new territory)

Supposed to be their biggest game in decades. Make it one they won't forget. They can go down and commiserate with the Mackem Mackems for years to come.

8 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

Get the feeling we'll score early and it'll turn into a bad day for them. Also, am I allowed to watch games again now we've lost? :lol:

We need a poll for this.:lol:

36 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Can envisage another stinker from the officials.

In shit officiating bingo, I'll go for an underserved red card and a resulting set piece that costs us a goal this time

They do love Lampard, especially if he’s not playing a big 6 team.

I don’t think a point is too bad, depending on the circumstances. But this is one of the more winnable fixtures between now and the end of the season. Win this and we’ll need what? 3-4 points to pretty much guarantee stay up? 

5 hours ago, Thiago said:

I'm pretty sure Howe said Joelinton just missed out on Chelsea so I'd imagine he'll be ok for this.

He did say that, aye. But the fact he couldn’t get through a training session on Saturday didn’t sound too promising, to me. 

Daft to second guess lineups and fitness of players, I know. But I have a feeling ASM, Joelinton and perhaps 1-2 others may be left out or on the bench. As we have a nice break after this before Spurs and it could be seen as a risk. As a few seem to have niggly injuries and/or have been ill recently. 

Just now, OCK said:

Lampard is more Steve Bruce soundbite than Steve Bruce at the moment. 

No idea where Lampard gets any credibility from at all. Been shite in his previous two jobs and nothing to suggest he’ll be a good manager other than his name as a player.

Rafa still getting the blame and stick but he got more points in his final six games than Lampard has got in his first six. The games were much harder too.

Lampard’s deadline day signings were suicidal too.