Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

Gonna go back to a 353 for the scouse mackems:

-------------------Dubs--------------------

---Lascelles-------Schar---------Big Dan----

Wee man-----------Bruno-----------------Targett

----willock----------Big Joe---------ASM----

----------------Big Chris------------

13 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Top coaching from Lampard..... To be, something like this is the only hope he has. The game a few weeks ago showed he (and then later Gerrard) are no where close to Howe as coaches. 

As for the flags and banners, the ones they have had out already have looked a bit shit. Even if they got their act together, Goodison isn't a great stadium for flags/banners/surfers. No one tier is tall enough for them to work. 

23 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Don’t think Lampard was that bad at Derby or Chelsea.

He isn't awful when it comes to the attacking side of the game. It helps that with each of those clubs he was working with one of the most talented squads in their respective leagues. He clearly massively under-performed at Chelsea, and arguably at Derby as well. He can't organise a defence for toffee. 

I can't remember who said it, I think it was an Arsenal player, but he said the reason that they usually beat Spurs in the derby was that Wenger treat it like any other game, whereas Spurs used to hype it up. Similar to Lampard above.

If he can play I'd risk Joelinton.

Win and we are safe. Everton lack athleticism in the middle of the pitch and Joelinton would dominate them in there.

We have a big break after the game so he can recover during our trip away.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

Willock trained yesterday so should be OK. Joelinton is touch and go. Shelvey has the least chance of the 3 according to Physio room. Could have a Joelinton, Bruno, Willock middle 3 for tomorrow.

Maxi not even on the list so seems good to go.

My one issue is that in the game up here they did have decent spells where they cut through us quite easily up to 25yds out but still confident of getting at least a point from this.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Willock trained yesterday so should be OK. Joelinton is touch and go. Shelvey has the least chance of the 3 according to Physio room. Could have a Joelinton, Bruno, Willock middle 3 for tomorrow.

Maxi not even on the list so seems good to go.

My one issue is that in the game up here they did have decent spells where they cut through us quite easily up to 25yds out but still confident of getting at least a point from this.

Look what we just did to Chelsea without Willock, Big Joe or Shelvey ! We’ve got this :indi:

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I can't remember who said it, I think it was an Arsenal player, but he said the reason that they usually beat Spurs in the derby was that Wenger treat it like any other game, whereas Spurs used to hype it up. Similar to Lampard above.

It felt like the mackems did the same in the early to late 2000s, too. With regards to tomorrow, it's the sort of thing Pickford's been guilty of doing since he joined Everton. Hopefully it continues.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah would definitely play him if he can make it. Good chance for 3 points here 

I don't know, I'd still be inclined to give him that big rest. Sure, we have a great chance for 3 points, but wouldn't you rather have him available and as fresh as possible for the Wolves (h), Leicester (h), Palace (h), and Norwich (a) run? That is going to be a huge opportunity to go on a run that will properly confirm safety. 

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Fair enough, Everton are super fragile at the minute tho, if we beat them it’s huge. I’d take the risk 

Beating Everton is likely to put enough daylight between us and the drop to ease the rest of the season, we should go all out.