sunderland

Big River

22 hours ago, Disco said:

Imagine not even being the favourite, biggest or most recognised club in the third division playoffs after finishing behind a club who nearly went bust last season and still won the league.

Fighting in the third division playoffs with a team that isn’t even old enough to buy a pint yet.

Will keep it in this thread, but I see they are claiming our women's team have been sportswashed. Literally their answer to everything Newcastle related now. 

Edited by Joey Linton

23 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Will keep it in this thread, but I see they are claiming our women's team have been sportswashed. Literally their answer to everything Newcastle related now. 

Having a go at the free tickets also for bairns and cheap adult tickets, conveniently forgeting they have been doing the exact same thing for years (not the women's team either). Their accounts show that year after year, with the average ticket price around a tenner per game based on their average gate. The bitterness and fewm over on that site increases every day. It could well be at melting point if they don't go up this year. The next few years are going to be funny as fuck seeing their fanbase broken bit by bit.

Honestly getting less and less interested with anything about these now. 

Used to pay attention to what was happening with their team, clicked the odd rtg link in here and had a browse... But fuck me, it's nothing but absolute bitterness now and bordering on complete breakdown. 

They need to let go and concentrate on themselves. 

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Quick browse after the ladies match today and they’re obsessed with using the word “sportswashing” 

Post in thread 'NUFC and other Sportswashing Spring 2022'

But it's never 'other sportswashing' (the fact they need a seasonal thread for us is amazing in itself) 

Like they'd give a flying fuck about sportswashing if they were bought by a group from the Middle East. ha. It's just the only thing that they can try and cling to at the moment.

Wonder if their crowd for their play off game is higher than what the women got at SJP today? Sure last time it was their lowest gate of the season, weirdly. :lol: 

Knew somehow a club owned by a woman that's got 22,000 for a women's game in the 4th tier including a lot of families and a lot of young lasses and a lovely moment for all concerned that otherwise would have never happened just had to be the epitome of evil.

Edited by Wolfcastle

14 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Quick browse after the ladies match today and they’re obsessed with using the word “sportswashing” 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-and-other-sportswashing-spring-2022.1574237/page-331#post-35978087

'Free ticket mags

Get them in every happy meal

LOL' 

Haven't they given out free tickets for the last 10 years. Giving them our for free to kids who still didn't want to go. 

Edited by Gazzaschicken

Genuinely dont understand their bitterness.

I know theres always been an intense rivalry, from both sides towards the other, but the takeover has stepped it all up a notch but only from their side.

So we got tookover - so fucking what. We had a shit owner for years and season after season of wondering if this is the one where we finally get flushed. And we did. Twice. But thats not the point, at least for me.  As a fan base, we had all the hope and love of the game eroded and crushed. I posted on here a couple of times that my profile here was deleted and that i didnt even recognise some of the england players who were called up, kalvin phillips was one i think. I havnt even been to St James Park in years, fucking years! Actually I have but it was to use the car park at the top while I went into town - the last time I was in the stadium was for a corporate do. Have the mackems reached this level of apathy yet?

My step dad was a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years, his blood, sweat and tears are literally in the concrete of the stadium. He died in March 2018 never knowing the takeover, never knowing Eddie, never knowing that there was hope. And that pisses me off. Is it any wonder that were now celebrating new ownership?

Football is cyclical - in 10 or 15 or 20 years time things will change and it could be us on the bones of our arse, again, in a lower division, again. Its not gonna last forever, we know this. The mackems being in league 1 isnt gonna last forever. If only they could direct their energy at themselves they would have a hell of a club.