sunderland in the EFL

Big River

15 minutes ago, GWN said:

I hope Wycombe win :pedro:

I can't see it like (Wycombe are somehow even worse than Sheff Wed) but it would completely finish them off! In saying that moving up to the Championship and getting battered most weeks will also finish them off so it matters not.

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'm going and I don't even know what day it's on. Actually bought 4 tickets and I'm going to lie across all of the seats for 90 minutes just so I count as 4 mags.

All mags are allegedly fat (and gravy stained), so you won’t even have to lie across the seats.

15 hours ago, joeyt said:

Always fun to have a deeks after we win a game. One comment in particular stood out:

"Imagine having Ant and Dec as your main celebrity fans"

Like who have they got? Steve Cram? That Chris lad from Love Island?

Daley Thompson 

I agree with Gary Neville sentiment about the need of NE teams being strong, ecxept for Sunderland. Gateshead could take their place instead. Or any other NE clubs, just not sunderland.

I'm utterly indifferent to all other pro and semi-pro NE clubs.  I'm happy for sunderland to fail, but I couldn't give a shite about any other club doing well or not.  The smoggies, Monkey Hangers, Darlington, Gateshead etc.  Wish them no ill generally (well, Middlesbrough a little bit), but couldn't give a monkeys either.  

Guest HTT II

I wish Gateshead all the best, along with England they have been my main footy fix during the Ashley cunt years.

16 hours ago, TBG said:

You's all got your tickets for Wycombe end? 

Nah. will have to make do with maybe vaguely following their huge game on here or flashscores whilst I crack on with others things, if I'm in the house and not busy with anything else. Like every sunderland game for years and like every sunderland game for years to come. Insignificant c**ts

18 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Nah. will have to make do with maybe vaguely following their huge game on here or flashscores whilst I crack on with others things, if I'm in the house and not busy with anything else. Like every sunderland game for years and like every sunderland game for years to come. Insignificant c**ts

They're a fucking weird bunch, though.  Mackems of my acquaintance used to go on about how every Geordie they know claimed to be at the Gillingham play off game, and decades on they're still fantasising that we're all off to Wembley in our droves to support Wycombe.

I'll be doing what I normally do - checking the score the odd time, and laughing my bollocks off if the result goes the right way - but otherwise getting on with my day, like most normal humans of the mag variety.  They have always confused pisstaking for obsession, the poor dears

I'm in a WhatsApp group where it's a mix of both sets of supporters. Prior to takeover (and even during first few months of takeover) they were doing cartwheels talking about how we are going to play each other next season.

January came and we signed some players and the rhetoric was how we've had a shit window and bought absolute cloggers (wood being a particular highlight for them, unsurprisingly).

Then when it started looking like we might actually stay up it became Saudi this and murderers that. None of them world dare support their team if that happened to them.

Now if you ask anything vaguely Sunderland related it's "obsessed with us" everytime.

Absolute fucking babies 

If they don't win on Saturday (but sadly I think they will) then the meltdown over the summer is going to be simply beautiful! We'll be buying top quality players who will take us forward and they'll be scraping around for pennies! Even if they go up, they'll need a lot of investment to even stay up next season!

"See you next season" [emoji38]

On 17/05/2022 at 12:19, joeyt said:

Always fun to have a deeks after we win a game. One comment in particular stood out:

They had that Wearside Jack bloke, he was as famous as fuck for 15 minutes was he not 😆

55C95B2B-547B-449C-BFAB-D6EA4B774B9D.jpeg

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

PIF investing in Nintendo? Or is that the joke?

[emoji38] you’re better than this.

Fo Marra?

image.jpeg.41107881cb245be865422414907141c9.jpeg

M is for massive lads 

My dentist (near Seattle) took on another dentist recently, and their intro email would be so triggering:

While I have met a handful of you, there are many more I am eager to meet. Those that I have met, I have been made to feel very welcomed and for that I am grateful. This letter is a simple “hello” allowing an introduction to myself. 
I usually will present myself as Dr Nader; my last name is a slight tongue twister so I’ll save us all the trouble there. My name has Arabic roots since my parents are from Syria. I was born in Michigan, however at a young age we moved overseas. I spent my youth and early teens in Saudi Arabia before moving back to Ann Arbor. While I still prefer the Maize & Blue as a color scheme, I am slowly adopting the Purple & Gold. 
I’ve been part of the dental profession for over 5 years now, following the footsteps of my mother who is a dentist as well. She played a large part in guiding me towards where I am today and both my parents’ morals and ethics are deeply instilled in how I practice dentistry. Being hand selected by Dr Davis, you can expect the same high quality of work with the proper bedside manner. I assure you that my primary goal is to make each appointment a memorable and meaningful one. That being said, at your next visit don’t mind the terrible jokes or out of tune humming to the music being played when we meet.
Outside of the dental chair, you’ll find me exploring all this beautiful state has to offer! Safe to say I have become an avid hiker, and I am always up for suggestions. If I’m not hiking or trail running, I’ll usually be playing soccer if my knees allow it. I am an avid Newcastle United fan, although they don’t win many games. Farmer markets bring me much joy, mostly for the selection of pastries and treats. My yelp account is always active in search for new restaurants to try, although I have improved my at home cooking. Like most, traveling the world is a highlight of each year, and while it’s been a couple of years, I am thrilled to get my passport out. Slovenia is next of my list. 

Can't believe he didn't mention it in person when I saw him last week (email came a couple of days later) and he asked where I was from.

2 minutes ago, Teslact said:

My dentist (near Seattle) took on another dentist recently, and their intro email would be so triggering:

Can't believe he didn't mention it in person when I saw him last week (email came a couple of days later) and he asked where I was from.

Your dentists send intro emails? :lol: