sunderland in the EFL

Big River

3 hours ago, Wild Geese said:

What’s with the Gravy jibes ?

It's from RTG and an picture of a couple of older "husky" Newcastle fans in B/W shirts that were probably a size too small.

The shirts had stains down the front, and RTG took the p*** out of their looks and ran with the "gravy stained mags" thing.

Now it's just anything NUFC is "Stench of gravy" 

They won’t have changed their opinion on Bruno.  They were still saying he was shite within the last week.

From a fanbase that rates Lee Cattermole, Kevin Ball and Alex Rae.

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

The owners having a kick-about means they are on one big wind up FFS [emoji38]

Sorry, but if I owned NUFC, I’d make myself manager, number 9 and designated pen taker, never mind an impromptu kick-about before a game!

Saw one of them genuinely comparing our owners doing that to theirs when they were all being conned by "The Don" early on :lol:

30 minutes ago, Sima said:

They won’t have changed their opinion on Bruno.  They were still saying he was shite within the last week.

From a fanbase that rates Lee Cattermole, Kevin Ball and Alex Rae.

Fred’s understudy marra.

46 minutes ago, Scoot said:

More screenshots in the comments.[emoji38]

Would love to have seen what they'd have come out with when we signed Shearer.

Weeks after they were cheering him being the top scorer in Euro96 I reckon he'd have become sh1te

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Weeks after they were cheering him being the top scorer in Euro96 I reckon he'd have become sh1te

I think we already know given how badly they took it when we went to Joker Park and won 2-1. Had the “illegitimate” chant ready for him, beeewing him all throughout. Wasn’t the lead headline in the Echo “Oh no look who the Mags have signed”?

15 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

He was.  I remember it at the time.

13 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Re the song book. Personally think It would be good for us to delve into some of our historical Tyneside folk songs, things that are unique to our area and club.

Agreed,  And let me start off the suggestions...

From their thread on trying to organise a scarf waving display:

Post in thread 'ROKER END DISPLAY - CAMBRIDGE UTD - 23/04/2022 - #KeysPhoneScarf'

We are lucky to get 2 volunteers midweek mate. Ideally we'd have a squad of 10-15 every week that are obsessed with creating visual displays (which isn't unrealistic in a crowd of 25-30k) but the reality is we don't.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/roker-end-display-cambridge-utd-23-04-2022-keysphonescarf.1576665/post-35915338

Edited by Izakaya

The other issue with building a song book is getting a number of people to get a new chant going. The old firm both have excellent songs/chant (aside from the sectarian chants) and a large part of this was developed through the Union Bears/Green Brigade fan groups IIRC.

3 hours ago, Exiled in Texas said:

It's from RTG and an picture of a couple of older "husky" Newcastle fans in B/W shirts that were probably a size too small.

The shirts had stains down the front, and RTG took the p*** out of their looks and ran with the "gravy stained mags" thing.

Now it's just anything NUFC is "Stench of gravy" 

Stench of gravy… why would that be an insult? Sounds fucking heavenly to me. Oh! Best go and check it’s not me in the pics. 

I did a superb rosemary and redcurrant gravy to go with the lamb over Easter, dash of Merlot too. Is that a crime? Oh yeah, did drop a good few dribs down my already stained '92 top...it's what Jesus would've wanted. 

Edited by bhoywhonder
Edit - new page gravy tosser.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Imagine them going to Toby carvery getting their food and having to say no to gravy just so they don't appear mag like. 

"Would you like gravy with that sir?"

"Fucking Mag!"

18 hours ago, Scoot said:

More screenshots in the comments.[emoji38]

Of course back then it was impossible to survive but now it’s inevitable we were going to survive after spending £800m in January*

*but the owners still aren’t here to spend, just take the piss.

Must be exhausting going through those mental gymnastics :lol: