sunderland in the EFL

Big River

They've now lost more games at this stage of the season than we had in our worst ever season under Ossie, but if they win their next game they'll tell you how good they are.

and when Brighton play tonight that'll be 31 teams from England to have played more games in Europpe than them

would have been worse if Coventry, Luton, Oxford and Wimbledon weren't banned

16 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

They still considering themselves to be "everyone's cup final"? Fucking hell man, they're so oblivious [emoji38]

Schoolkids in Watford and Swansea all begging for tickets to see (checks notes) Alex Pritchard and (checks notes) Luís Semedo play live.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Best supported club in the championship, the attendance figures don't lie (or maybe they actually do).

If season tickets are as cheap as some have said, even though they will count towards ‘attendance’ many who bought them are probably less committed than you would expect from normal priced ST holders. 

12 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

If season tickets are as cheap as some have said, even though they will count towards ‘attendance’ many who bought them are probably less committed than you would expect from normal priced ST holders. 

Aye prob think I’ve only paid £50 for the sayson and there’s overtime available on line 2, fk garn t’the match marra 

34 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Agree. If you've paid £700 for a season ticket you want to make sure you get there at all costs. If you've paid £60 for a season ticket, step outside and it's a but nippy or the opposition is only Huddersfield you don't feel so bad about missing, which is exactly what around 10k of them have decided to do yesterday. 

I find the whole "6 in a row" thing really odd, like I get for them it was a big deal at the time, especially give where the respective clubs have been in the 20 years prior, but its been near enough 8 years since we last played them, in the mean time we've been a stable Premier League club, that has hit the Champions League and got to a cup final, all the while they've spent 4 seasons in League One after back to back relegations, and took over London for *Checks Notes* The Papa Johns Trophy. Its just bizarre how they keep clinging onto it like it matter or that we Newcastle fans care :lol:

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

I find the whole "6 in a row" thing really odd, like I get for them it was a big deal at the time, especially give where the respective clubs have been in the 20 years prior, but its been near enough 8 years since we last played them, in the mean time we've been a stable Premier League club, that has hit the Champions League and got to a cup final, all the while they've spent 4 seasons in League One after back to back relegations, and took over London for *Checks Notes* The Papa Johns Trophy. Its just bizarre how they keep clinging onto it like it matter or that we Newcastle fans care :lol:

Whilst they fail to realise the only reason it is "still" 6 in a row is because they haven't been in the Premier league for 7 or 8 years now. 

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Used to irritate me, but I just laugh at it now, it's all they have left to cling on to even having to resort to reinventing history to fuel their copium - They've really put the S in SMB these days :D 

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

It's not that odd. They literally have nothing else.

Christ. Anyone would think it wsa all they had or something. And even then they've dredged up a dynamic that means nothing in general and meant nothing to us when we had 6wins and a 1-1 draw out of 7 between 01 and 08.

Suppose having more to life than finishing above them or winning (alternate depending on which scenario suits) helps. We achived that whilst playing in Europe, the Champions League and challenging for titles. They achieved it whilst circling the toilet.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Aye that's a good point. There's been games I've gone purely to get my money's worth.

Dragged myself off a sick bed to get to Feyenoord and slept in one time and was like Bambi on ice trying to get to a game against Coventry under Sir Bobby.

Would be more inclined not to risk such things or scurry up from the bars at the last minute if I was only losing a tenner.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

They went from 1979/80 season until 2008/09 season without beating us at their home. Be it Joker Park or Stade Del Shite. 

That’s more of a mental stat than 6 in a row, but you don’t hear us blabbering on about it. 

28/29 years when facing off in the same division. 😂

22 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

All pisstaking aside, their crowds are excellent given what they've endured over the last few years.....I'm not sure how many of them are paying the going rate for Champo tickets mind, but that's another argument.

I know we have some knackers in our fanbase, but they have such a large proportion who are utterly consumed by Newcastle (the fans/club/city/identity) that they will never progress as a football club, as they don't need to. Last night's PSG penalty will get them through this season. Rinse and repeat.

This is my take too. They're too hell bent on seeing us lose to see them win.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Apparently one of the main reasons for the poor turnout is because they are "dour to watch" I must have imagined reading on there very recently that they play exquisite football that would grace the Premier League.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/how-come-so-few-people-turn-up-for-midweek-games.1620612/

Gorrabee bollocks marra. They're "a joy to watch"