sunderland in the EFL

Big River

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

Weren't they close to sacking him in the Summer, or not renewing his contract, or am I misremembering?

Aye, there was definitely some talk of bringing a new manager in out of nowhere, but quickly went away.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Aye, there was definitely some talk of bringing a new manager in out of nowhere, but quickly went away.

The bloke they were linked with went to nice and he's got them flying

22 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

They've won 2 in 9 and lost to some poor sides, hardly a shock definitely seems to have been spurred on by the cup announcement 🤷‍♂️

Yep, I think Mowbray is a decent manager at that level, and his teams play decent football - but it isn't all that surprising, their form has completely collapsed; it is relegation form at the moment.  If they make the right appointment, then there are a lot of games to go and they're only a few points off the POs

I was having a quick browse on a few 'Champo' forums to see what the general view was was from rival fans, and this made me laugh on the Stoke board.

I bet his mrs is well happy. Imagine having an unemployed Tony Mowbray sat across from you for Christmas dinner

[emoji38]

He always comes across a canny bloke, a bit like Peter Reid. They've had some awful ones, like the obvious, but they've also had some that you can't help but like, despite who they manage.