sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

Let them bullshit their attendances. It plays into their narrative that they're a massive club which is what they want to believe. Unfortunately for them, they then can't back this up financially (in terms of finance raised from 40k paying fans every other week) and so will always fall way short of their fans' expectations. Expectations which all stem from their made up attendances. Its a vicious circle.

[emoji38]

Thank you for your support, nee one there [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Are you still "just beating the rush" if everyone leaves early?

I think their in the "let's just stop till its finished, beat the rush" phase now 

52 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Thank you for your support, nee one there [emoji38]

Wow! Don't know who's more embarrassed, players or fans. Things can only get better playing in the background 😃. TBH can't blame the fans for turning on them but they're the same ones happy to give it "Sunland til i die" when things are going better.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

FB_IMG_1714926858384.jpg

That's fucking pathetic. What an embarrassment of a club. Best fans, my arse.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

FB_IMG_1714926858384.jpg

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... are you telling me the (self-proclaimed) best fans in the world simply walked out on the team just as the players were starting their lap of honour? I find this very hard to believe as Sunderland fans are constantly telling anyone who's in their vicinity how fucking class they are for supporting their team and how the fans are the best thing about the club and all this shit?  Surely there's some kind of mistake

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

The highlight of their season was getting beaten by us.

I think we totally fucked their season. 

The uproar about the big cats bar or whatever it's called was hilarious.

They were 6th on 40 points with +8 GD when the played us.

Their 20 games after losing their biggest game in a decade saw them pick up 16 points and finish with a -2 GD in 16th. 

I do wonder if they'll sell everything that they can, and refill with a few more punts.

£12m for Patterson 

£15m for Clarke

£12m for Ballard

£12m for Neill

£12m for Bellingham

£8m Rigg

£5m Hume

Weirdly, they've got quite a sellable squad. Been unlucky on Cirkin's fitness or there would be another £6m. Biggest issue apart from their HG, most of them have huge sell on clauses. This means reinvestment needs to be smart, they'll also be looking at their own sell on clauses in return, but I think given the ages and experiences so far, you're not looking at much there bar Rigg & Bellingham, the rest are peaking in terms of value.

They hate them both, but that model looks like it's working, they just need to learn to appreciate what experience brings as the bedt theyve got atm is O'Nien, who has done fuck all in the game and is limited to championship plodder as a career highlight.

Get the right manager in, couple of experienced signings, and they've got quite a bit going for them, but I have the feeling they will sell heavily this summer, and replace with cheaper versions with less expensive and lower ceilings. 

58 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I do wonder if they'll sell everything that they can, and refill with a few more punts.

£12m for Patterson 

£15m for Clarke

£12m for Ballard

£12m for Neill

£12m for Bellingham

£8m Rigg

£5m Hume

Weirdly, they've got quite a sellable squad. Been unlucky on Cirkin's fitness or there would be another £6m. Biggest issue apart from their HG, most of them have huge sell on clauses. This means reinvestment needs to be smart, they'll also be looking at their own sell on clauses in return, but I think given the ages and experiences so far, you're not looking at much there bar Rigg & Bellingham, the rest are peaking in terms of value.

They hate them both, but that model looks like it's working, they just need to learn to appreciate what experience brings as the bedt theyve got atm is O'Nien, who has done fuck all in the game and is limited to championship plodder as a career highlight.

Get the right manager in, couple of experienced signings, and they've got quite a bit going for them, but I have the feeling they will sell heavily this summer, and replace with cheaper versions with less expensive and lower ceilings. 

No-one is paying that money for those players.  Clarke is the only one who might attract £10m+ 

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No-one is paying that money for those players.  Clarke is the only one who might attract £10m+ 

Did think a mackem had written that. £8m for Rigg with one year on his contract? Try £3m. Bellingham has been shite for large chunks of the season too. Their form has hugely eroded their values.

You'd think anyone decent who has only been there a short while will have already been on to their agents, given the state of the club. They're going to have to take a huge risk this summer even if they lose only 1 or 2 of their better players.

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Let's see. I bet you I'm not far off considering Patterson is supposedly nearly a done deal at £12m. No one knows until it's done (even then some are undisclosed - but you'd think this regime will want to show off the values of their players, to encourage others to join and prove the model correct)

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Did think a mackem had written that. £8m for Rigg with one year on his contract? Try £3m. Bellingham has been shite for large chunks of the season too. Their form has hugely eroded their values.

Wrong forum for that shite patter.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dokko said:

£12m for Patterson 

£15m for Clarke

£12m for Ballard

£12m for Neill

£12m for Bellingham

£8m Rigg

£5m Hume

I don't think they have got a particularly saleable squad. If those 7 players you've quoted are worth that claimed £76m there's no way they're finishing 16th in the Championship, 6 points clear of relegation. I think it's more likely the usual case of mackems bigging up bang average players and some people falling for the hype.

Pritchard was their best player by an absolute mile against us. He was their only player who didn't look completely out of his depth against PL players. They sold him for £100k.

Edited by Wallsendmag