sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

What’s the problem exactly?

He dinnit want a digital seyson ticket, marra!

EDIT: On further reading, seem SAFC want to issue digital season tickets / e-tickets, which require a 'smart' device of some sort to show said e-tickets and get into matches.

Jackie Whites mustn't sell the required device for this Marra.

Edited by TK-421

Have to agree with their fans on that, mind. The season ticket is fine as a small card, and causes no problem for anybody. This might be an issue for a small amount of people- but it would be older people, and it would be a genuine issue. Maybe let people pay a couple of quid for a physical card?

If it doesn't cater for all your customers, then you provide options to make sure it does. Weird club picking unnecessary fights with their fans. Very Ashley-esque...though he'd make us pay more for the privilege.

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Have to agree with their fans on that, mind. The season ticket is fine as a small card, and causes no problem for anybody. This might be an issue for a small amount of people- but it would be older people, and it would be a genuine issue. Maybe let people pay a couple of quid for a physical card?

It shouldn't be an extra charge for it tbf. 

They should really give people the option to have a physical season ticket or opt for digital.  Bit of a fan relations own goal I reckon. 

I'd have zero issue with it, but can see why people would have an issue with it, and why they'd rightfully be pissed off if they had to pay extra. 

Edited by Wilson

3 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah the guy has a point, he should be able to get a non-electronic ticket. We're not at the stage yet where everyone has smartphones.

It's plain to see the club have found out a not-insignificant number of fans are sharing season cards between groups of people. This isn't so much as a forced digitisation than it is a method of making sure one fan has one ticket. Yet again, it's another example of the mackems not wanting to pay for their own club. 

3 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah the guy has a point, he should be able to get a non-electronic ticket. We're not at the stage yet where everyone has smartphones.

Coal powered ticket perhaps.

15 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

It's plain to see the club have found out a not-insignificant number of fans are sharing season cards between groups of people. This isn't so much as a forced digitisation than it is a method of making sure one fan has one ticket. Yet again, it's another example of the mackems not wanting to pay for their own club. 

They are well known for doing this as well as adults going in on concession season cards. This is just Sunderland trying to cut that out. Can't blame them really. It's what happens when your fanbase is made up of the dregs of society.

34 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

I'd guess that happens everywhere. I know loads do it at SJP.

33 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Maybe I'm being a bit of a knacker but how would this stop it, wouldn't you just be able to share a screenshot of the ticket with someone else?

Or is it more complex than that?

11 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd guess that happens everywhere. I know loads do it at SJP.

Difference is SJP is full so its not costing the club any where the mackems owners will feel they'll get more income and bigger gates if they can clamp down on this.

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Difference is SJP is full so its not costing the club any where the mackems owners will feel they'll get more income and bigger gates if they can clamp down on this.

The people I know have done it for years, through good times (few) and bad (many).

2 minutes ago, madras said:

The people I know have done it for years, through good times (few) and bad (many).

Did it myself, 99-00 after got hooked up with semi-pro football leant my ticket out for a season and a half.

Its just in a stadium with seats available the people I leant it to could have paid for their own tickets and the club kept my money all the same. Plus the mackems would count me as attending anyway.

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

How can they do that? Surely any card only scans once per game, so there’s only one person going in per card? 

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

Maybe I'm missing your point but what's wrong with that? if you're busy at the weekend, is the seat supposed to just sit empty? Surely everyone gives their ticket to someone else occasionally? Be stupid not to, and stupid of clubs to prevent it or we'll never have a full house again.

I imagine very few people can absolutely guarantee they'll be available for every match. Holidays? Work? Sickness? Other life events?

7 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Did it myself, 99-00 after got hooked up with semi-pro football leant my ticket out for a season and a half.

Its just in a stadium with seats available the people I leant it to could have paid for their own tickets and the club kept my money all the same. Plus the mackems would count me as attending anyway.

Most of those I know that do it live away so share tickets so they are guaranteed when they're up. Also some who shifts where they work a few Saturdays/Sundays.

Edited by madras

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Mist if those I know that do it live away so share tickets so they are guaranteed when they're up. Also some who shifts where they work a few Saturdays/Sundays.

I imagine nowhere would be full without it baring in mind the kick-off times and shifts now.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Read on RTG that their season tickets are £390. Fair play to them as that is a very good price, but would be interesting to see their crowds if they paid what we do. 

Don't think its the club being benevolent so much as that's the balancing act of how much their fans are generally willing to pay without losing them.

Mine cost more than that in 1997 (£412)