sunderland in the EFL

Big River

16 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Nice to see the the voice of tolerance reason and compassion is alive and kicking in Sunlun.

Is that "Mein Sunderland" intentional or do they not get the "Mein Kampf" inference? 

Edited by Stal

2 hours ago, Stal said:

Is that "Mein Sunderland" intentional or do they not get the "Mein Kampf" inference? 

Good spot.

I'm just going to put the Boo Kampf into circulation

Some time in the last year or two somebody posted a video, I think in this very thread, of a lad with an acoustic guitar who had written a song about sunlun with a chorus that went, "you're shite". Least, I think it was about sunlun. I can only remember the gently delivered chorus :lol:

Can anybody find it without too much effort on their part? Forum on Android is a bit of a nightmare to navigate and search on

Edited by OpenC

Lowest average was 16,500 in 90/91 wasn't? Which was about Sunderland's average from 1982 to 1997 (highest being 22 and the lowest 13) so more than a one-off (though they do like to invert exceptions and rules). They got just over 16,000 in the top flight in 1983 and not in a relegations season our 16k was in the lower reaches of D2.

And, you've got to laugh, because there literally was a season long boycott.

The supporters for change boycott from 89 until 91/92 when the old board, the point of the boycott, was replaced.

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Lowest average was 16,500 in 90/91 wasn't? Which was about Sunderland's average from 1982 to 1997 (highest being 22 and the lowest 13) so more than a one-off (though they do like to invert exceptions and rules). They got just over 16,000 in the top flight in 1983 and not in a relegations season our 16k was in the lower reaches of D2.

The supporters for change boycott from 89 until 91/92 when the old board, the point of the boycott, was replaced.

This was my first thought too 😂

"Boardbusters" and all that. 

For a set of fans that accuse us of being obsessed with attendance, they aren’t half obsessed by attendances. First counting seat by seat how many have been sold for a certain fixture and then discussing at length our attendances from 30 odd years ago. They’re so weird man 

12 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

We’ve had three seasons with sub-20,000 crowds post-war.  They’re fucking nut cases.  

Victims of their own success apparently. One of the metrics given is that 3 of the last 4 teams to go up through the Play-Offs went back down. I don't think 3 of those 4 clubs played in front of 25-30k fans with the biggest budget that league has probably seen. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Victims of their own success apparently. One of the metrics given is that 3 of the last 4 teams to go up through the Play-Offs went back down. I don't think 3 of those 4 clubs played in front of 25-30k fans with the biggest budget that league has probably seen. 

Not every club can be as hewj as sunlun are though marra

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Down to 12th, 18pts behind second place. Weren't the scruffy twats telling us automatic promotion was a possibility a couple of weeks back :lol:

I don't even know where they got that from either, I'm sure they've not been any closer than about 10 points to 2nd. :lol:

7 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Down to 12th, 18pts behind second place. Weren't the scruffy twats telling us automatic promotion was a possibility a couple of weeks back :lol:

Mackematickly still possible marra

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't even know where they got that from either, I'm sure they've not been any closer than about 10 points to 2nd. :lol:

After the win at QPR in mid February, which was the win that got them all frothing at the mouth and purring at the Barcelona of the North, they were 13pts from second place, yet still convinced second was possible. And they call us delewded :lol: