sunderland in the EFL

Big River

27 minutes ago, Scoot said:

They know we're only heading 1 way so they're bound to go overboard with any minor setbacks we have.

Bless them man.

To be fair there's far more meltdowns on here about us this weekend 

3 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

36 pages on our `meltdown` SMB so appropriate 

Tbf there are some proper weirdos supporting us that has had meltdowns going by what they've posted in that thread , well worthy of that amount of ridicule. Quite a few posts on here could easily end up there to extend the thread to 40+ pages too. :lol:

On 25/05/2024 at 15:19, madras said:

He compliments our lot in that clip, just that one bloke went too far.

Met him on a train when we were coming back from an away game, same thing happened, he's fine with the banter but one knob went too far and he got slapped down by other NUFC fans.

In fact after talking last night to a mate who was there when we bumped in to him, he was better than nice, didn't seem like he was being nice because he was known, but genuinely warm, witty, down to earth fella.

Posted (edited)

Food for thought for the bed wetters when RTG is laughing at them, even if they're effectively laughing at our not re-achieving something they'll never achieve.

Definitely in the Peter Reid fan club. Victim of a really funny and catchy chant and line of jokes but definitely nothing personal personally nor detected.

Especially considering he's by far the most succesful manager they've had in living memory.

Edited by Jonas

Good lad is Reidy.

Sad that the Mackems through missiles at him towards the end of his tenure. No way to treat your best ever PL manager.

56 minutes ago, Mills and Boon said:

Got a lot of time for Reid. Hates the fucking Tories 

Aye he’s a top bloke, like him a lot. 

Posted (edited)

Weeks a long time in football. Why it was only a few days ago that the Conference League was a joke, the intetoto cup revamped and going to distract us from the major competitions - now our missing out on it is the highlight of their season and they're positively giddy about it.

May as well be as its their lot in life, to achieve nothing themselves but celebrate failures and slight under achievements at a higher level of their rivals

Edited by Wolfcastle

Posted (edited)

Thought they’d turned on most of their legends. Defoe ‘cause he fucked off mid season, Phillips ‘cause he stood next to the Shearer statue and Quinn ‘cause he said their fans prefer to watch games at the pub. Amad played 42 games for them and he’s in their all time 11. Also turned on Bent. Weirdly love Hendo even though he left at the first opportunity but he won loads of stuff which means they’ve also won loads of stuff. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Posted (edited)

Playing Ball instead of Horrenderson sums these cunts up.

We could pick 5 teams from the same period that would beat that side.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, Sima said:

We could pick 5 teams from the same period that would beat that side.

Just 5?

Just now, Sima said:

Aye, they must have forgot about Pickford as well.

Then again, he didn't even play a full season for them.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Just 5?

Conservatively.

I reckon you could get down to 8 and it would still be competitive.

Edited by Sima

What the actual fuck is the fascination with Jack Clark, I'm no super scout but he's just a bang average wide forward isn't he ? 

40 games last year and 4 assists!! And that makes your best 11 ffs

Posted (edited)

That lifetime 11 is fucking gross :lol:

Imagine including a loan kid who played 37 times for your club and is still only 21 now

Edited by mush

I reckon I could walk past half of the players in that team and not recognise a single one.

I'm not even sure I could give you a single piece of information about Jon Mensah. Apart from the fact that he played for Sunderland. And I've only just found that out now.

36 minutes ago, Ben said:

What the actual fuck is the fascination with Jack Clark, I'm no super scout but he's just a bang average wide forward isn't he ? 

40 games last year and 4 assists!! And that makes your best 11 ffs

aye, ahead of johnson and downing?