sunderland in the EFL

Big River

It must be hard for them. Look at the respective tables on New Year's Eve, just over 3 months ago.

Premier League:

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/31-december-2021/

League One:

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/31-december-2021/

Us - 1 win in 19, 2nd bottom, played multiple games more than those above us, and them top of their league following a thumping 5-0 win over Sheff Wed. They would have had genuine hopes of playing us next season - I think we were both evens at the time for relegation and promotion respectively, whereas now, we're almost certainly going to be playing top flight football next season (and pushing on), whereas even their playoff place is still in question at this point.

I would have added a few weeks to include the Cambridge defeat and disappointing Watford draw, but they had started their bad run by that stage.

54 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-and-other-sportswashing-spring-2022.1574237/page-172#post-35847649

"The war in Ukraine will set the cat amongst the pigeons, with the Russian oligarchs gone, who's next...I'm expecting change after the world cup....The mag should be very worried..."

:facepalm:

:lol: 

I thought the takeover was bad for us though and we’re going to be Inter’s feeder club?

charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadel

How can they say Bruno looks average. :lol:

I know they are very, very bitter which is understandable as they live in a city miles behind ours and support a football club that has been playing in the third tier for nearly 5 years now, but howay man at least be honest. 

Once again here, proving they literally can't handle it when someone praises us. Last nights atmosphere before the game was brilliant, that was pretty obvious. Carragher mentions it and they fly off the handle with him 

They really are struggling at the minute and its only going to get worse. It seems every day brings a new fume from. Earlier in the week it was Trippier and Sam Fender, last night and today it was our match, Jamie Carragher and the gallowgate end.

Imagine being this bothered about your local rivals that it engulfs your whole life but them claim you aren't obsessed but in fact we're the obsessed ones. 

These are a special kind of fucken idiot!

Very few of us like what football has become in the corporate/money/Sky sense, but there seems to be an increasing disinterest and dislike towards the Premier League in general from that lot. It's something I've often found common when speaking to fans of clubs who are very much set in Leagues One and Two. 

They've inadvertently accepted their place in the football hierarchy.

In some ways they had set their own downfall, they always had to try to do one better than NUFC and spent all their money in a short period of time. Ultimately screwing themselves to the point of being stuck in the third tier of English football for an extended period.  

instead of stabilising SAFC as a Southampton sized club with 30k to 40k stadium and maintain a structured salary & player purchase strategy, 

27 minutes ago, Scoot said:

They really are struggling at the minute and its only going to get worse. It seems every day brings a new fume from. Earlier in the week it was Trippier and Sam Fender, last night and today it was our match, Jamie Carragher and the gallowgate end.

Imagine being this bothered about your local rivals that it engulfs your whole life but them claim you aren't obsessed but in fact we're the obsessed ones. 

These are a special kind of fucken idiot!

The best is yet to come 

For the majority of the lifetime of that place they’ve had it so good that we were absolutely crippled by Ashley’s negligence that they thought us being absolutely bobbins was the norm.

Now we’re actually ambitious and competing they haven’t got a clue how to handle it.

The outlandish judging of our players isn’t anything new.  They used to say Shearer, Cole and Ferdinand were shit and wouldn’t get in their teams.

22 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve gone off Fender tbh, saw him complaining about bootleg merch lol. Does he not make enough? Wack imo 

I know the lad who does all of his merchandise. He’s a normal bloke with a mortgage and kids to feed. That’s before you even get into the importance of merchandise for artists in an age when no-one pays for music (directly). 

He’s absolutely entitled to complain about it. He’s put the graft in.

Edited by Dr Venkman