Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I mean I genuinely can't believe we've already got to the point where we can control the game to this extent, and have Wolves pinned back.

Can't believe how quickly some people have forgotten just how pathetic we were under Bruce. It's incredible really. We'd have had a striker on the half way line and everyone else in our box under him.

Full backs winning the ball back 70 yards up the pitch because of a high press. Managing to keep possession, even when a bit boring, before managing to work some space between the lines. Quick give and go from midfielders and players running beyond them. 

Even though we are limited and fairly poor in attack. It really is night and day compared to what we were watching barely 6 months ago. 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Some of the views in this thread are embarrassing. Whinging and moaning about everything. Where have you been the last 15 years?

This performance has been lightyears from Brucey ball and a damn side better than some of the stuff Rafa had us playing.

We are pressing, controlling possession and look like a proper team. OK we don't look scintillating in the final 3rd but you can at least see a plan.

Stop fucking moaning man. Oh... and Bruno is pure sex.

Well said.  :clap:

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Full backs winning the ball back 70 yards up the pitch because of a high press. Managing to keep possession, even when a bit boring, before managing to work some space between the lines. Quick give and go from midfielders and players running beyond them. 

Even though we are limited and fairly poor in attack. It really is night and day compared to what we were watching barely 6 months ago. 

I'm glad someone is actually watching.

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

It is all just so slow from both teams and for a neutral boring as well. If Wolves wake up and go for it they'll nick it 1-0.

I'm not convinced, I think their deep lines have stopped us playing and if they open up it could give us some room to make something also. This either bores out to a 0-0 as it is or it opens up and one side take the lead.