Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

If we'd drawn that I'd have said the performance maybe matched the result and that we were limping towards safety, solely because we look knackered.

Historically, that's not the type of match I'm used to us winning. Can only compliment the players, Howe and his staff for making us a team that at the bare minimum you have to work hard to beat, and Wolves never looked like that, or a threat at all.

Dubravka - 7

Krafth - 7

Schar - 7

Burn - 7

Targett - 7.5

Shelvey - 7.5

Bruno - 8

Joelinton - 6.5

ASM - 6.5 (really difficult one to gauge, some good some bad)

Wood - 7.5

Almiron - 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The things some of you lot so flippantly refer to as hate man ... yikes.

KaKa man, did all that defending of Big Joe wear on you? :lol: He's the only cunt that can move the ball up the pitch at his feet against a parked behind the halfway line Wolves team? 

Dubravka - 6. Nowt to do.

Krafth - 7. Comfortable all night. 

Schar - 6. Areet aside from a couple of inconsequential ricks. 

Burn - 6. Fine. 

Targett - 7. Good performance particularly first half. He's really good in the air. 

Bruno - 8. Easily MotM. Effective performance. 

Shelvey - 7. Decent, particularly off the ball. 

Joelinton - 6. Not really in it. Nice pass for the pen win though. 

Almiron - 7. Thought he had a really good game tbh.

Wood - 7. Good composure to win and convert the pen. 

ASM - 6. Brainless fucker had the odd moment but he was near to his infuriating worst. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If we'd drawn that I'd have said the performance maybe matched the result and that we were limping towards safety, solely because we look knackered.

Historically, that's not the type of match I'm used to us winning. Can only compliment the players, Howe and his staff for making us a team that at the bare minimum you have to work hard to beat, and Wolves never looked like that, or a threat at all.

Dubravka - 7

Krafth - 7

Schar - 7

Burn - 7

Targett - 7.5

Shelvey - 7.5

Bruno - 8

Joelinton - 6.5

ASM - 6.5 (really difficult one to gauge, some good some bad)

Wood - 7.5

Almiron - 7

ASM helped set up the goal but gets a 6.5

FT: Newcastle 1-0 Wolves

Newcastle (at St James' Park) are the sixth club to record 250 Premier League wins at a single stadium, after:

Manchester United (400 at Old Trafford)

Liverpool (360 at Anfield)

Chelsea (352 at Stamford Bridge)

Everton (264 at Goodison Park)

Tottenham (251 at White Hart Lane).

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Sorry Max. Hes got a match win moment in him but that was some of the worst we have seen from him.

Was our only creative outlet most of the match and started the entire move up the pitch for the penalty. :lol: Was he frustrating first half? Sure, but Wolves defended well or stifling if you would. 

Guest neesy111

You had everything there with ASM but he was overall quite poor in the first 60 mins then improved quite a bit.  Was snatching at his shots.

Edited by neesy111

Guest HTT II

I know Wolves were depleted, but the gap between us and them is tiny IMO, I thought we defended well, were solid enough and compact, but attacking wise we lacked any real quality. We deserved the win though. This game showed what we lack and what we need, get that right and we soar above Wolves. 

Bruno MOTM by a mile. Wood a lot better and did some nice linkup play. Everyone else was pretty much a 7, ASM and Joelinton had poor first halves but improved a lot.

37 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

While it does sound great...why do we sing a song from a famous Liverpool band at the end of games? 

Sang that song all the time I've been supporting the club (nearly 50 years) so it's not new. Was one of the most common songs in the 70s and 80s for a start.

Edited by et tu brute