Newcastle United 2 - 1 Leicester City (17/04/2022)

Disco

12 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

That commentary man :love:

Targett keeping the ball in play

Willock sending Tielemans for a Chronicle

Bruno, well, beautiful Bruno

Asking a bit much but Mendy should've got a 2nd yellow and walked as well.

27 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

One loser from yesterday, the takeover and Eddie Howe doing so well is my fucking liver. Saaaaake. Miracle I was able to get home tbh.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Biiiig fucking hangover today. Had no intention of drinking but as soon as the winner went in that was it.

Just like to add my name to the rough as fuck list. Jesus christ, what a day man.

20 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Plenty have always done it, down the years. It's the same folk who always turn up late after kick off  as well as leaving their seat early for HT.

My mate when I was a kid, used to sell the Pink and always had to leave 5 mins before the end.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Watched the game in a packed pub in the middle of Plymouth yesterday, normally when I watch Newcastle games in public, I tend to try and reign in my emotions a touch as to not look like a complete weirdo, but when the goal went in yesterday I full on screamed, and lost myself for a good 10 seconds, and scared the lights out of everyone around me. 

Helped there was one other Newcastle fan in the pub :lol:

Same situation in Manchester. Only person watching the match in a bar full of hipsters. Slammed my hand on the table and shouted get in! At the top of my voice. Whole bar stopped dead. ?Soz not soz..

Not enough love for Willock in that move, that take down to keep it in and turn of pace to leave Tielemans dead, cross could have been better but Bruno probably wouldn't have got to it if it wasn't deflected. Stuck at work but jumping and screaming in a packed shop behind the counter :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Not enough love for Willock in that move, that take down to keep it in and turn of pace to leave Tielemans dead, cross could have been better but Bruno probably wouldn't have got to it if it wasn't deflected. Stuck at work but jumping and screaming in a packed shop behind the counter :lol:

His cross was perfect, Bruno said so.

18 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Think I have seen it before oddly can remember involving Samuel Etoo but can't remember which team hah. Having said that haven't they conceded loads of corner goals so maybe it's not a good idea

I’m sure Benitez did in his first few games with us weirdly. :lol: Can’t remember who the other two were but Townsend was definitely one.

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's easily the most I've celebrated in years. There's been some really good moments on the pitch since we got going but that's easily the moment of the season imo; dramatic in itself for obvious reasons but symbolic in that it really shrugged off the sweaty paw of another potential Ashley relegation. And it couldn't have been converted by a more fitting bellwether in terms of where we're (hopefully) going. A real goal for the new era, that one!

Same. I've recovered to fist pumping and roaring at the goals, nervous as heck through the games and smiling like a Cheshire cat for the next 48hours after a win - but was jumping around at that for the first time in who knows how long and was only in the hoose. Lush to know still got it in me.

friends-matt-le-blanc.gif

Guest HTT II

I switched off at 92 mins or so thinking, ah well, it’s a good point. 5 mins later I’m getting texts of “GET THE FUCK IN” and I’m thinking it’s a draw some people are going way over the top, and then my brother texts saying huge 3 points that’s us safe now, I’m like eh, so put Sky back on and thought fuck me, I can’t believe I missed that, but in a way it made it even more special to learn we didn’t just draw, but we fucking won. I’ll never leave my armchair early again!

Just back home after a weekend of cycling and football, was in the Gallowgate and when the winner went in it was pandemonium.  One of the best atmospheres I've been in.

Leicester fans were so small time, is this a library, you're shit aahhhhh etc.  Proper league 1 

24 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I switched off at 92 mins or so thinking, ah well, it’s a good point. 5 mins later I’m getting texts of “GET THE FUCK IN” and I’m thinking it’s a draw some people are going way over the top, and then my brother texts saying huge 3 points that’s us safe now, I’m like eh, so put Sky back on and thought fuck me, I can’t believe I missed that, but in a way it made it even more special to learn we didn’t just draw, but we fucking won. I’ll never leave my armchair early again!

Left early when you’re already at home :lol: