Norwich City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 23/4/2022 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LRD

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Think that means we’ll see Willock and Longstaff in from the jump. Possibly Murphy as well.

I'd like to see Willock on the left, from the start. Give Maxi a day off. Almiron has to start on the right?? Or do we rest him for the bigger games to come? He's so energetic it's hard to believe he needs a rest so stick with him, subject to medical advice. Rest Shelvey for Longstaff, and bring in De Bolle for Joelinton.

Edited by Happinesstan

The last game against burnley could be massive, not for us but if we assume that as Everton have Arsenal away and are likely to lose, what are the views on the Burnley match?

How many would want to lose if it sent Everton down?

The sour irony of the Burnely game is that all the attributes of Howe that we value so much, namely his professionalism, will dictate that we go there without a thought in our minds of underperforming. Impossibly, we will know what's it's like to miss Bruce as manager.

Guest HTT II
39 minutes ago, 1964 said:

The last game against burnley could be massive, not for us but if we assume that as Everton have Arsenal away and are likely to lose, what are the views on the Burnley match?

I’d rather we win than send Everton down by losing!

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

I'd imagine 99% of us would be happy to lose a dead rubber (for us) game if it sends the scouse mackems down.

It's an absolute joy to be desperate for a win every week again but if we reach the final day, a Burnley win could send Everton down and we're not fighting for a significant jump in league position then throw the game I don't give a fuck.

Bitter? Maybe. But as well as it seeming that a strange proportion of their fans have something against us, on 24 May 2009 I got numerous individual texts simply saying 'bye bye newcastle!' from a group of mates who supported other clubs while I worked that fateful Saturday afternoon. One of whom was an Everton fan. Whom I am still friends with now. And if I can return the favour to even just one of those pricks, I will be happy. :aww:

It seems easy to say we should go easy if there was a chance to send Everton down.

But tbh, I'd rather we just do what we need to do and not get embroiled in tit for tat. Ok I may have a little snigger at Everton possibly dropping but just remember how fucking relentless people were with us, it's a shit time.

And first time round for us, it was actually what we needed tbh, hopefully they get the same mileage out of it if it does happen.

Trying to let go of all negativity now me [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, Beth said:

I'd imagine 99% of us would be happy to lose a dead rubber (for us) game if it sends the scouse mackems down.

The days of anyone wanting any Toon game to end in anything but a win ought to be gone IMO.

10 minutes ago, NE27 said:

It seems easy to say we should go easy if there was a chance to send Everton down.

But tbh, I'd rather we just do what we need to do and not get embroiled in tit for tat. Ok I may have a little snigger at Everton possibly dropping but just remember how fucking relentless people were with us, it's a shit time.

And first time round for us, it was actually what we needed tbh, hopefully they get the same mileage out of it if it does happen.

Trying to let go of all negativity now me [emoji38]

Look at Geordie fuckin' Gandhi over here.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Oh no, I've just had a horrible thought that a few players are gonna get rewarded for their attitude in training which is gonna see Lascelles et al returning.

Knowing us atm we'd still go out and win.

10 minutes ago, wormy said:

Look at Geordie fuckin' Gandhi over here.

[emoji38][emoji38]:lol:

I've actively wished for my own team to be relegated, for horrible things to happen to certain people for too long.

I'm honestly exhausted hating football and being truly negative, I want to enjoy this glimmer of hope and positivity:bong:

Guest HTT II
Just now, NE27 said:

I've actively wished for my own team to be relegated, for horrible things to happen to certain people for too long.

I'm honestly exhausted hating football and being truly negative, I want to enjoy this glimmer of hope and positivity:bong:

Aye same here, there is a massive massive new buzz around he city and club now which takes me back to the KK and Sir Bobby days. 

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye same here, there is a massive massive new buzz around he city and club now which takes me back to the KK and Sir Bobby days. 

I knew you’d be back. Your guard is finally down!

Given that we're all but safe, and Howe said we're going to change a few, wouldn't be surprised if we see something like this:

Dubravka

Krafth

Schar

Burn

Targett

Longstaff

Bruno

Willock

Murphy

Almiron

Gayle

I'd go:

Dubravka

Krafth Schär Burn Targett

Willock Longstaff Guimarães

Almiron Gayle Murphy

Keep the consistency in the back five, keep the form players in (Bruno & Almiron) and give the rest of the team a rest. Think Gayle is the most unlikely starter here, but could see him getting more than a few minutes here off the bench.

27 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Exactly the same, so nice to look forward to a summer window, but honestly I can’t wait for a properly planned pre season as well.