Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Can’t disagree with this tbh [emoji38]

If someone is prepared to do that, why should someone be able to log in at home at 09:55 and get one?

Just my opinion like, but surely if people are prepared to wait outside the box office

If they happened to make it box office only next week, I've got the week off.. At least I would've felt like I truly earnt it if I came up from Ipswich for it. :lol:

Just now, wormy said:

If they happened to make it box office only next week, I've got the week off.. At least I would've felt like I truly earnt it if I came up from Ipswich for it. :lol:

Yeah, you’re then getting into who has the most flexible job territory. Always going to be people disappointed.

Get Harry Palmer out of retirement for a good sing song in the queue. Deck chairs, flasks be like the old days again. 

edit

might be best to bring a hammer aswell just in case it gets tasty after last orders.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Blackburn away in the FA cup under Keegan was an experience, absolute scenes on strawberry place and they had to call the box office staff in to put them on sale in early hours. Remember sprinting up to the box office when they opened the gates and the swaying masses outside the old Milburn box office.

Happy days.

Got in the queue around 7pm the day before they went on sale and it was already the full length of the Gallowgate and starting to go round the East Stand (it started at where the SBR statue currently is and for people who don't know there were locked gates stopping you walking past the Milburn stand where the ticket office was). By midnight it was absolute bedlam and in the end they had to get the ticket office staff out of bed about 5am to start selling the tickets. We were caught up in the stampede when they unlocked the gates as everyone charged up the hill to the ticket office whichwas very scary. Think I was back in the house by 8am and my mam let me have the morning off school!

Unsurprisingly they changed the process for selling away tickets after that.

Someone I know from work wife works at the NuCastle complex. He showed me a screenshot of 4 season tickets he wife acquired in the Milburn Stand paddocks for a grand total of £800! This doesn't sit right with me that club employees are getting massively discounted season tickets before any announcement is being made.

1 hour ago, ozzie1980 said:

Someone I know from work wife works at the NuCastle complex. He showed me a screenshot of 4 season tickets he wife acquired in the Milburn Stand paddocks for a grand total of £800! This doesn't sit right with me that club employees are getting massively discounted season tickets before any announcement is being made.

This has always happened for many many years , and is the norm for club employees (not just Newcastle)

Even as someone who hopes to get a season ticket but feels I have a slim chance I doing so, I can't say I'm particularly shocked/against everyday employees getting a perk of the job. It is what it is.

If anything, I'm excited that it indicates they're starting to move down the list from renewals to employee first dibs. Hopefully means we're one step closer to finding out what will or won't be available to the general public. 

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, ozzie1980 said:

That's to be expected tbh.

Guest HTT II

It’s literally been the case since the club formed, it’s totally normal practice and something I regard as a good thing.

9 hours ago, ozzie1980 said:

Just out of interest what does your mates wife do at NUCastle? Seen it in the news looks good

I don’t mind people getting perks of a job. In the context people get paid low wages overall, and having something from work that you can’t get elsewhere goes a long way to show appreciation.

Was set to renew my ST in gallowgate club as I've had price through off club etc.

Club has now emailed saying they are proposing to repurpose this section so we may lose the seats in this area come 23/24 season.

They have offered us a move to "The Barracks" at a nice £500pp markup [emoji38] 

We also have until Monday to decide whether we wish to move there for this coming season, otherwise stay where we are and no guarantee of being found alternative seats from 23/24.

Feel like I'm being blackmailed tbh [emoji38]

Edit, maybe not blackmailed, possibly held to ransom?

Edited by NE27

23 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Was set to renew my ST in gallowgate club as I've had price through off club etc.

Club has now emailed saying they are proposing to repurpose this section so we may lose the seats in this area come 23/24 season.

They have offered us a move to "The Barracks" at a nice £500pp markup [emoji38] 

We also have until Monday to decide whether we wish to move there for this coming season, otherwise stay where we are and no guarantee of being found alternative seats from 23/24.

Feel like I'm being blackmailed tbh [emoji38]

Edit, maybe not blackmailed, possibly held to ransom?

Whereabouts is the Gallowgate club? Is it in the South West corner?

I wonder if they want it for more boxes?

Still a pretty shit thing to do imo. Also, how come you only have to renew now and not a few weeks ago?

Edited by TheGuv

11 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Apparently there’s over 400 on the waiting list for a box so it sounds like that could be it.

Understandable.

Still feels shit I'm basically being priced out. 

Could at least offer a move downward to possibly general admission seats.

@TheGuv not sure, had my renewal through 26th last month, this email just popped up today about repurposing.

Wouldn't surprise me if Staveley and co are moving up there hence there suddenly being space in Milburn level 4, unless "The Barracks" exists currently?

Edited by NE27

11 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Apparently there’s over 400 on the waiting list for a box so it sounds like that could be it.

Yep, not sure on the number, but I know someone locally who is now on a long waiting list for a box having thought it would have been fairly straight forward.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They must be planning some significant reconfiguration then?

Think there are around 100-200 seats up there (no idea really, but it's not many) and a long bar that sits behind.

You enter behind bobby's statue and it's just a lift up. Tbh it would make a canny directors box minus the restricted view of Level 7. Good views of the city also.