Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Well fuck. Thought for some reason this game started same time as yesterday, and I may actually have been browsing this forum around kick-off and still missed it. :lol: Looked promising on the highlights though! 

Just now, Rocker said:

Took my little one (six) to her first game today.

No word of a lie, and this sounds cheesy as fuck, but she said to me 'Daddy, am I dreaming?'

Fucking wonderful stuff.

FB_IMG_1659196252831.jpg

That’s lovely, man. Cherish those days. 

Just got back. Rating and thoughts:

Dubravka 8 made a few stops and at least attempted to play out from the back

Krafth 7 Snuffed out their left, tired late on

Lascelles 6 Just can't play out from the back with much confidence

Botman 7 Did OK, clearly decent positionally, he was noticeably annoyed when we had that rocky period

Dummett 4 Shocking second half, was done time and time again

Joelinton 7 Was his usual self, broke up play and moved the game forward

Bruno 8 Lost the ball once but was superb for around 60 minutes. Another that tired

Willock 7 Got himself in some dangerous areas

Richie 5 Worked hard but he's just not up to this level, play slows around him

ASM 7 His goal aside, he was still quieter than usual IMO, out of form

Wilson 8 Took his goal well

Bondswell 7 Better than Dummett

2 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Took my little one (six) to her first game today.

No word of a lie, and this sounds cheesy as fuck, but she said to me 'Daddy, am I dreaming?'

Fucking wonderful stuff.

FB_IMG_1659196252831.jpg

Whoa, that’ll bring a tear to the eye 

Great memory for you both :thup:

59 minutes ago, NE27 said:

You should've heard the music in run up at Atalanta game man.

I'm almost positive they're using a CD for the warm up music as ACDC skipped a few times and then looped and eventually stopped. We ended up getting two renditions of blitzkrieg bop instead.

Then local hero got stuck in a loop and just ended prematurely.

Was a bit amateur hour.

I'd assumed he'd just played Blitzkrieg Bop too early the first time[emoji38]

He played a song at half time with the n word uncensored, i was like wtf.

I get he's been there a long time but his timing is way off, see the takeover game when he cut big river off just as the part that the banner said was about to come on [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dummett, Lascelles & Ritchie stood out massively from the rest of the XI. Miles behind the rest.

Totally wrong about Dummett today.  You obviously can't stand him.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Totally wrong about Dummett today.  You obviously can't stand him.

Everything slows down through him. One moment in particular in the second half when he was played through on the overlap. 90% of full-backs would have at least got a cross in, he sort of got snuffed out after one touch. He adds nothing other than the odd block or tackle.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Everything slows down through him. One moment in particular in the second half when he was played through on the overlap. 90% of full-backs would have at least got a cross in, he sort of got snuffed out after one touch. He adds nothing other than the odd block or tackle.

You do have a grudge against him mind.  :lol:

I love a bit of Dummett, don't know why. His desire to do the inch perfect slide tackle is art, and I appreciate it :lol: 

Just don't ask him to do anything other then defend, as he can't pass or cross a ball to save his life.  He's pretty solid defensively tbh.

Just got back. The subs made all the difference for Athletic, as we began to tire they kept throwing fresh legs on. Raul Garcia on for Niko Williams was the key change though, with Inaki moving to his natural right wing position. 

Bruno was amazing first half, disappeared the second.

Willock seemed to overrun the ball several times in the first half, but was trying to put himself about. Went missing 2nd half. 

Joelinton with another solid performance, without him we're such a soft side. He led the team around the pitch at the end to applaud the fans. 

Lascelles... man, he's the second coming of Titus Bramble. Moments of defensive class, then moments of absolute madness. Appreciate he's put the work in on the ball, but he's just limited. 

Dummet once got in the box with the ball and I think he had an existential crisis mid-stride, pretty much the same time I was thinking 'Wtf?' :lol: Inaki Williams did much better than his brother and destroyed him though.

Ritchie was a grade below what's required, thanks for your efforts lad but we need better. 

Wilson clinical, I'll need to watch the goal back but looked like we just cut through them. 

Maxi was great, goal well deserved. So direct and he didn't go down under pressure, pleased for him. That celebration man, he musta seen Lomana's goals :-) 

Botman an absolute rock, what a player. 

Dubs was good when called upon, but decided to try and be a right sided full back at one point and nearly got done. 

Krafth solid, can't remember too much of what he contributed. 

Brought my 2 bairns and the missus, we sat near the half way line high up in the East Stand, atmosphere was dead around us. All the noise came from the Gallowgate but its to be expected with so many young children and families there today. 

Random highlight moments :

1. The mad lad in the electric wheelchair running a flag up and down the pitchside in the first half

2. The random green smoke and the smell of acrid, burning plastic from the Gallowgate/East Stand roof in the second half. 

3. My seven yr old girl's first match and she got to wave a flag, happy kid. 

The electric wheelchair was hilarious. He was back and forwards last night along the East Stand, today he was just working his way along to the Gallowgate corner, two stewards stepped out as though to tell him to stop again when he reached them, so he nipped into the concourse entrance before them and back out the next concourse and back to his place nearer the Leazes. :lol: