Pre-season (2024/25): Girona and Brest to compete in 'Sela Weekender' (9-10 Aug)

bowlingcrofty

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Doesn't there need to be a 4th team? Or have I made that up? :lol:

Reads to me like the friday night game is a "friendly" friendly and the Saturday game vs Bristols is the actual Sela cup match 

Edited by Mag3.14

8 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

Reads to me like the Friday night game is a "friendly" friendly and the Saturday game vs Bristols is the actual Sela cup match.

Is it not the same format as last year where you get points for a win, then more points for more goals that you score?

30 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Is it not the same format as last year where you get points for a win, then more points for more goals that you score?

We play two they play one each, hardly a format :lol: it's just two friendlies plus a lasses game

What do we reckon in terms of tickets for this? I’m trying to go with family but I don’t know if it’s worth getting memberships give the membership was a bit of a farce last year. The Sela cup last year didn’t sell out did it?

10 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

What do we reckon in terms of tickets for this? I’m trying to go with family but I don’t know if it’s worth getting memberships give the membership was a bit of a farce last year. The Sela cup last year didn’t sell out did it?

No, level 7 was more or less totally empty, was about 10 Fiorentina supporters up there one day from memory, and think the upper gallowgate was fairly sparse too, think we had 36k or so both days.

12 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Would love to know this, me and a friend are looking to come over for it. 

Not sure if they tried to get a 4th team like last year and struggled, or if this was always going to be the plan. I'm not sure how attractive Nice vs Villarreal and Nice vs Fiorentina were to the masses, but it did feel like more value for money. I went on the Sunday last year so wasn't there for the lasses match on Saturday, but by all accounts that seemed like a third wheel being the 3rd match on the Saturday and I think most of the fans went home after the men's matches (as 3 is a very long day), whereas this year, the match will surely feel more part of the weekend so that's great for them, and I'm sure the team will be on a lot more radars now as they continue to climb the tables.

5 hours ago, Mag3.14 said:

Reads to me like the friday night game is a "friendly" friendly and the Saturday game vs Bristols is the actual Sela cup match 

never quite understood why they were called that back in the day.

3 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Hadn't planned on buying.memberships this year since I failed every time to get three tickets together.  Do people

reckon there will be tickets for general.sale? 

No chance season ticket holders and members make it sell out today or tomorrow, you’ll easily get a ticket on Friday, and likely up to the weekend itself.