Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Guys take it easy on Lascelles man :lol:

He's a meat and potatoes guy. He'll be useful when we face more direct teams with aerial threats.

I've been happy with his comfort on/with the ball. Doesn't look as terrified and panicky as he used to anytime it came near him.

Yeah, Lascelles is absolutely fine as a 4th choice CB for now.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, l’ve been to the outside, it’s not all that impressive from the outside. It’s very like going to the Emirates, you think it will be a class stadium, but rather boring. Mind having Champions League and other trophies in a line at the museum entrance is something to be envious of.

The new stadium is fine, but most of the fans don't forgive the demolition of the old stadium. It should have been renewed back in 2004. The outskirts of that stadium were way, way nicer.

Some of the oldest memories I have is going to that stadium with my uncle, with more than 100K people inside; as a little kid I felt like floating when the crowd was roaring.

Regarding the museum, those 2 European Cups are lovely, but all I can remember when I see them are the 5 lost UCLs + 3 lost ELs + 2 lost Intercontinental Cups, in a row, after those.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

Just now, McDog said:

Agree on Lacelles, disagree completely on Pope.  Agree for the most part on the other players.

Pope’s mistake this game was coming out for that corner, even then both Trippier and Lascelles should have done better.

The freekick wouldn’t have been saved even if Pope was positioned more to his left.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah, Lascelles is absolutely fine as a 4th choice CB for now.

Sure, he can come in when Burn needs resting. Or more likely Schar.

Edited by McDog

The marking and positioning on their 1st goal needs a good looking at afterwards. We were all over the place. Botman ends up in the middle of goals with nobody near him, Tripps, Longstaff and Wilson are static, Lascelles is never getting there and Pope makes a very poor decision.

1 minute ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

The new stadium is fine, but most of the fans don't forgive the demolition of the old stadium. It should have been renewed back in 2004. The outskirts of that stadium were way, way nicer.

Some of the oldest memories I have is going to that stadium with my uncle, with more than 100K people inside; as a little kid I felt like floating when the crowd was roaring.

For what it’s worth Lisbon is a fantastic city, and Portugal is a great country and the people are very nice.

I honestly contemplated moving there and tried to learn Portuguese.

The difference between a professional coaching team putting in proper work in preseason is insane like.

Friendlies are normally kickabouts for us, in which we're generally shit 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm still lost on this one?

It seems like literally every winger we've been looking at aside from Diaby has been valued at exactly £35m

Edited by Kid Icarus

They look to be a way better team especially technically, however we are level so maybe it doesn't count for much this time so far. I don't like to see Bruno doing so much defensive work, he's rash and a bit slow.

I'd love to see someone like Kamara anchoring the midfield to allow Bruno to play further forward.