Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

He doesn’t look comfortable like

What was the temperature over there? He must've been absolutely melting in that keeper top.

36 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

That was a stupid error by Trippier as well. Never seen him make mistakes like that before but he made a few today

He did it on purpose, any other game that would've been another freekick.

Pretty poor stuff overall. We never at any point had our strongest side out but a lot of performances that will (or should) set some minor alarm bells.

I think at this point Anderson has shown he’s capable, he looked a level above ASM to be honest? On what we have currently he deserves a start.. ship Maxi over the right.

Longstaff wasn’t great, Murphy was shit, Fraser was non existent and Almiron looked incapable of creating anything. I thought we might have enough as back up to Wilson but I was way off, we desperately need some reinforcements.

Midfield and up front. We need 3 players.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Pretty poor stuff overall. We never at any point had our strongest side out but a lot of performances that will (or should) set some minor alarm bells.

I think at this point Anderson has shown he’s capable, he looked a level above ASM to be honest? On what we have currently he deserves a start.. ship Maxi over the right.

Longstaff wasn’t great, Murphy was shit, Fraser was non existent and Almiron looked incapable of creating anything. I thought we might have enough as back up to Wilson but I was way off, we desperately need some reinforcements.

In an ideal world, we'll sign three players, but we don't need them.

25 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

What was the temperature over there? He must've been absolutely melting in that keeper top.

That's what I thought when I saw his attire. Black nylon trakkies as well. 

Only time he'll sweat more than today is when Yewtree give him a knock

We've strengthened a squad that finished 11th last season. Brighton are weaker, while Palace, Wolves and Leicester haven't done much yet.

I think if we want to improve, we need  a right winger first and foremost and I think we'll get one. Less important, but I also think we'll sign a back up for Wilson. A midfielder would be ideal, but isn't essential.  We don't NEED three players.

Didn't we have half a season of Champions League form with Wood and Fraser/Murphy/Almiron up top, with no Wilson and Trippier?

Of course we need more signings to guarantee progress but we could probably muddle through and still secure a top half finish with what we've got. 

It's barely even worthy of discussion anyway cos we definitely will sign a couple more. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

robert-downey-jr-frustrated.gif

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

We going off one game in a pre season friendly like?

What Maxi showed was fairly standard for him, yes some games he can run the show but not often enough for his ability.

We haven’t seen much of Anderson but let’s assume that his level, he can more than stake a claim to be in this side. The team we were playing today finished 8th in the Bundesliga last season, comparable to what we managed. So they were no slouches like.

I love it when people go overboard with friendly results, it's only our second real friendly, the whole point is to iron out any kinks that appear, get the players up to match sharpness and set out a tactical plan.

Mainz are also further along in there prep as it was there last pre-season game and there season starts at the weekend. Do you think Klopp was worried after getting dicked 4-0 to Man United last week? :lol:

Arguably you gain more in these sorts of games, then you do if you just smash 3/4 past a championship side.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

I love it when people go overboard with friendly results, it's only our second real friendly, the whole point is to iron out any kinks that appear, get the players up to match sharpness and set out a tactical plan.

Mainz are also further along in there prep as it was there last pre-season game and there season starts at the weekend. Do you think Klopp was worried after getting dicked 4-0 to Man United last week? :lol:

Arguably you gain more in these sorts of games, then you do if you just smash 3/4 past a championship side.

Dude what the fuck is wrong with you ? Over reactions are what the internet is all about, you clearly don't care if you're not seething after watching that shite [emoji38]

Talking common sense ffs, i don't get it [emoji38]