Daft things non-football fans say

Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Hope this doesn't start a gender debate, but when my lass says it's disgusting how much the men are paid compared to the women.

I agreed, but explained that the men's game generates more interest therefore bigger sponsorship. But the women's game is making inroads.

She said that's sexist

This when she seen one game from the women's world cup.

Tell her it's because the standard is far lower, the goalkeepers are all crap and none of them have learned how to slide tackle.

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

"How can it be the manager's fault when he's not on the pitch?"

I never knew you were pals with John Carver.

"I can't go and mark men on the pitch myself."

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I had an ex who wondered how fans knew the words to all the chants and said "do they get given like a hymn book when they go into the stadium?"

tbh, i think they should do nowadays.

6 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Me mam's mellowed now but when I still lived with me parents it was forever "what, there's more bloody football on?!?!", completely ignoring the fact all games were on a channel dedicated to sport - not something mainstream

This one is especially good when the person who says it watches all of the soaps 5 days out of 7 and then at the weekend will have Britain's Got Talent, Strictly, X Factor, Dancing on Ice etc. on as well.

"What, there's more bloody singing and dancing on?" 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:
5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My other half thought a volley was just when someone kicked the ball high. 

:lol: Aww. The logic checks out tbf.

Suppose it does. She also got concerned once when I said I did a header in some game ages ago, and thought heading was only for the professionals. :lol: In my case it probably should be tbf.

I'm really lucky though, she's never once griped when I've wanted to watch footy and she had a great time when we were up for the Leicester game. The only thing that's annoying sometimes is when she points out my hypocrisy re ranting at referees etc. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I always remember when we were relegated in 2009, my really canny and well-meaning house mate was like "You'll be fine after a cup of tea" :lol:

Was my end of Uni exams day, everyone was celebrating. Felt like absolute shit and was a proper anti- social twat. If someone had offered me a cup of tea I’d have told them to fuck off 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Suppose it does. She also got concerned once when I said I did a header in some game ages ago, and thought heading was only for the professionals. :lol: In my case it probably should be tbf.

I'm really lucky though, she's never once griped when I've wanted to watch footy and she had a great time when we were up for the Leicester game. The only thing that's annoying sometimes is when she points out my hypocrisy re ranting at referees etc. :lol: 

[emoji38]

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

My other half thought a volley was just when someone kicked the ball high. 

:lol: bit of a similar one... I was making up a Shelvey song (to the tune of rhythm is a dancer) and her contribution was...

oh-oh, Jonjo Shelvey

oh-oh, HE CAN KICK IT IN THE AIR

2 hours ago, HUGZ said:

:lol: bit of a similar one... I was making up a Shelvey song (to the tune of rhythm is a dancer) and her contribution was...

oh-oh, Jonjo Shelvey

oh-oh, HE CAN KICK IT IN THE AIR

Marry her...again if necessary 

Saw the thread title and knew this would instantly descend into calling rugby fans wankers 😀

Thing is with that...they are two completely different games in terms of what you are and aren’t allowed to do. I don’t know why people bother. You gain advantage in rugby from smashing a man in half. You don’t in football as much and you aren’t supposed to be just twatting people - the premise is entirely different.

6 hours ago, Pilko said:

"You've already seen the match, why do you need to see the highlights again?"

Usually said by a thick trollop who having consumed two hours of shite like X Factor will flick straight over to ITV2 for "X Factor The Extra Factor" or whatever.

EDIT: @Skeletora minute quicker but the sentiment remains :lol:

You dont have to stay with her you know. :lol: 

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I always remember when we were relegated in 2009, my really canny and well-meaning house mate was like "You'll be fine after a cup of tea" :lol:

You live on Craggy Island?

11 minutes ago, Beren said:

I don't think it's daft as such, but a needling jab is "Why do you say 'we' when referring to [insert club/franchise]? You don't play for them" 

Non sports fans boil my goddamn piss.