General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

14 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

First 7 minutes, Christ we battered them.

That shot by Speed after about 10 secs is one of the worst I’ve seen. :lol:

Just went and watched it :lol: 

-------------

Was just remembering how in my old seat - which was on 6 yard line, 4th row, Milburn - the woman next to me used to always shout to or at Shay Given but would call him Seamus, like she was his old relative or something. "Come on now man Seamus". Proper annoying.

On 29/04/2021 at 12:33, Lazarus said:

Thinking about it, Batty has probably been one of the best defensive players the club has had.

Not sure if he was the best midfielder though

He was for that period of time, as most teams had players like him (not as good mind), he kept the ball and supplied the more creative players in the team. Mind, he used to get forward at times and scored a few very good goals for a player in his position. You're right though I don't think he would be as appreciated or as effective in today's game, though on thinking, I do see some similarities between him and Fernadinho in how they play their roles (before anyone pipes up, I did not say Batty was as good a player). 

Batty was quality for England aswell, feel like most of the games he played he was pretty much man of the match, very underrated player.

People maybe remember him for the pen miss vs Argentina, but it's just a one off moment.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

Anyone watch that Entertainers documentary on Sky tonight? Bit short like, only half an hour long, but there's footage in there which I've not seen of Keegan et al, and I've been binge watching 90s season reviews and clips for the last 18 months

55 minutes ago, Ben said:

So who has dictated that it can't be discussed?

Just go back and re -read the last two months because if the threads were open, the exact same things would be posted.

To be honest, the only thing worth talking about in relation to this largely dead football club (killed slowly by Ashley) is the Takeover.

Nothing else matters, after a lifetime passionately supporting my club, what goes on there is of no interest to me.

Until this Takeover happens the club is just rotting away, for me and (I know) for many of us.

Let's get the Takeover Threads open again, give us a reason to talk about NUFC !!

54 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Can we not have an 'argy-bargy' thread where we just call each other a 'complete nob'?

That has some validity, and would remove the unnecessary diversion of a topic which of late is rarely referenced in the abuse hurling  

Just now, 1964 said:

That has some validity, and would remove the unnecessary diversion of a topic which of late is rarely referenced in the abuse hurling  

Sorry forgot to add..... you complete nob :lol:

2 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Just goes to show how imporant it is, nothing else to get excited about/look forward to.

I hated the takeover threads because of the repetition and arguing (I'm guilty of both), but without it I hadn't felt a need to come on here this weekend.

I didn't watch the match, I didn't even fancy reading peoples opinions of the match on here which I always do, even instead of watching the actual match.

The club is almost impossible to support atm, people like st max/almiron/dubs/Wilson give you the faint glimmers, but you sharp remember how futile it is investing any emotion in the players.

What a joy it is supporting nufc.

Both threads are open, BTW. Locking them had nothing to do with trying to prevent certain discussions; like was said at the time, a short breather just seemed like a sensible idea cos folks were just getting wound up with one another, and (I hope most would agree) we'd rather avoid this place reflecting the sorta aggression you see on Twitter. Not pointing fingers at anyone, BTW; can't blame anyone for letting frustrations boil over given this whole sorry situation.

Frankly the possibility of a takeover is probably the only thing worth discussing (assuming you're like me, and find that watching Steve Bruce's NUFC is about as joyful as standing on a plug), but if it's only at the expense of folks falling out with one another then surely it isn't worth it? Anyways, crack on, be more tolerant. :lol: Don't try to rile, try not to react.