General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

Worth pointing out the age of these players and when they started getting regular opportunities in the first team or regular game time on loan in top divisions, to all those who are saying Anderson & Ashby have time on their side.

A lot of Europa League games too.

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

It looks like 26% of Brentford away tickets went corporate - outrageous especially with such a small allocation

I think a chunk might have been taken by some of those who got an away game of their choice after they oversold Fulham, so possibly a slightly lower %, but still far too high it would seem.

They really need to improve the transparency on how away tickets are distributed.

18 minutes ago, Disco said:

Off the top of my head they’re £4-5 from the shop. They are nice though. 

Not sure I’d ever pay that much for pie looking that small. They must be very nice.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not sure I’d ever pay that much for pie looking that small. They must be very nice.

Could spend the same on a rollover. If you don’t have your eyes out purchasing a bottle of pop to wash it down. There is a good chance the rollover chokes you to death due to the bland, dry abomination it is.

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Got to be a step up from the pies at the match which cost similar.

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Got to be a step up from the pies at the match which cost similar.

Never bought anything to eat or drink from SJP in 40 years so wouldn’t know ?

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Club just needs to do a deal with Greggs, steak bake at HT would be ace.

Greggs Outlet would be even better and actually make sense knowing the foods got to be ate on the day ?

On 12/03/2023 at 11:48, LFEE said:

Did a ground hop to Gillingham v Tranmere Saturday. Bought a smallish pie for £4.50. Was fairly tasty until my tastebuds were paralysed by the extreme temperature of the filling. Would have been cooler drinking molten lava I'm sure.

37 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Did a ground hop to Gillingham v Tranmere Saturday. Bought a smallish pie for £4.50. Was fairly tasty until my tastebuds were paralysed by the extreme temperature of the filling. Would have been cooler drinking molten lava I'm sure.

During the winter months In the early noughties I used to buy a mince pie at half time, but they were so hot I used to use them as hand warmers in my pocket for most of the second half then eat them in the last 10 minutes. Worked a treat.

11 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

The Findus crispy pancake phenomenon. 

I did not remember that we were in with such a shout for the tile in 2002/03. I knew the year before we were looking good pre-Bellamy injury and Arsenal's ridiculous form.

But I was just watching an old BBC report from the time of the Iraq invasion. It's got the football at the end. We'd beaten Blackburn 5-1 that day (I remember that quite well).

With just 7 games to go we are only 3 points behind first place ManU (who eventually won it) - and 2 points behind 2nd placed Arsenal, who had a game in hand. That's proper title race stuff! I remember being very happy with third after Liverpool fucked up a home game to Anelka's Man City, as I recall, in the penultimate game...

Checked back at the results and we lost 3 in a row after that Blackburn game, including that 6-2 to ManU. The others being controversial 2-1 at Goodison (pen for them when Graveson took out Bernard as I recall?) and a late Lee Clark winner at Fulham!  ManU on the other hand won 6 of their remaining 7, drawing the other with Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I did not remember that we were in with such a shout for the tile in 2002/03. I knew the year before we were looking good pre-Bellamy injury and Arsenal's ridiculous form.

But I was just watching an old BBC report from the time of the Iraq invasion. It's got the football at the end. We'd beaten Blackburn 5-1 that day (I remember that quite well).

With just 7 games to go we are only 3 points behind first place ManU (who eventually won it) - and 2 points behind 2nd placed Arsenal, who had a game in hand. That's proper title race stuff! I remember being very happy with third after Liverpool fucked up a home game to Anelka's Man City, as I recall, in the penultimate game...

Checked back at the results and we lost 3 in a row after that Blackburn game, including that 6-2 to ManU. The others being controversial 2-1 at Goodison (pen for them when Graveson took out Bernard as I recall?) and a late Lee Clark winner at Fulham!  ManU on the other hand won 6 of their remaining 7, drawing the other with Arsenal.

The build-up to that 6-2 game was quite something. There was a genuine feeling that if we won, we could possibly win the league. 

Then Jenas scores an absolute raker and the place is going mental, before Scholes decided to put on an absolute clinic in finishing ?