General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

48 minutes ago, jack j said:

Just got an email to apply for the ballot for the fan working group  about ticketing

Does everyone get the email to apply?

Could just be those that responded to the club survey on ticketing last week?

What is it with this myth propagated by some media figures and publications that Newcastle was some kind of ‘second team’ to other domestic club fans and the club was generally held in high-regard? 

My lived experience is that due to the inherent tribalism that exists British sporting culture, everyone seemed to laugh at us when we were crap, particularly the relegations. Nobody really liked us. Liked the city of Newcastle perhaps, it’s a great away-day for fans and the people are welcoming. But as an actual club and sporting qualification, just don’t believe there was any kind of outward affection from other parties.

The ‘high’ expectations and perceived arrogance of Newcastle fans were mockingly discussed, rather than supported.

It seems like a strange remark associated with overarching criticism of the club’s ownership. Like we hate Saudi ownership especially because we really liked you lot before? 

Maybe I’ve got it wrong though.

55 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

What is it with this myth propagated by some media figures and publications that Newcastle was some kind of ‘second team’ to other domestic club fans and the club was generally held in high-regard? 

My lived experience is that due to the inherent tribalism that exists British sporting culture, everyone seemed to laugh at us when we were crap, particularly the relegations. Nobody really liked us. Liked the city of Newcastle perhaps, it’s a great away-day for fans and the people are welcoming. But as an actual club and sporting qualification, just don’t believe there was any kind of outward affection from other parties.

The ‘high’ expectations and perceived arrogance of Newcastle fans were mockingly discussed, rather than supported.

It seems like a strange remark associated with overarching criticism of the club’s ownership. Like we hate Saudi ownership especially because we really liked you lot before? 

No, I think you've identified that they are all just a bunch of cunts. 

8 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Nah, you’re spot on mate. I keep making this point about 2009- the entire country was chuffed

19 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The thread. :lol:

Dubravka personal favourite. 

:lol: Sven seems to have gotten off lightly and somehow Gordon has been made slightly more handsome, bless him.

15 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I was too young to really appreciate the Entertainers at the time, but it feels like a hangover from that era for me, where it's said most neutrals appreciated how KK set us up even if it's taken on a certain mythological feel to it with the whole 'awful defence/rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0' thing.

Certainly lazy 'journalism' nowadays though and an easy cliche to film the word count. The only thing people have appreciated about us for decades is we were reliable for a laugh. 

On 23/04/2023 at 16:43, Paullow said:

Games like that will do no harm for growing our brand. I've got SocialBlade and not sure when the last figures were posted, but at some point today Newcastle's Instagram followers was 1,564,043 and it's currently on 1,570,219 (and will be interesting to see what it is like later in the day), so over 6,000 gained on the back of that result.

Currently just gone past 1,668,000, an increase in 27,000 since CL was confirmed, and over 100,000 additional followers since that Spurs win pretty much exactly a month ago.

Edited by Paullow

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s Osborne Rd. And they did go to Cosy Joes. 

Looks like Miggy is taking his son to training today, on his Instagram. 

All fun and games until he's on the end of a reducer from Big Joe.

Not sure about the name checks. We have 3 season tickets as a family, my dad works abroad so only gets back for some games. Therefore Ive has friends using his ticket. Will I now be stopped from doing this?

I'd email the club but I doubt they'll provide any help.

We're in the posh seats so we have a bond on the seat. 

Ok I missed this bit. 

It will also introduce an approved method for season ticket holders to transfer their ticket for specific matches to nominated, eligible individuals when they are unable to attend themselves. Further information will be announced in due course

How many games can I transfer? Seems utterly stupid and not thought out to me

Just now, Adam said:

Not sure about the name checks. We have 3 season tickets as a family, my dad works abroad so only gets back for some games. Therefore Ive has friends using his ticket. Will I now be stopped from doing this?

I'd email the club but I doubt they'll provide any help.

We're in the posh seats so we have a bond on the seat. 

"It will also introduce an approved method for season ticket holders to transfer their ticket for specific matches to nominated, eligible individuals when they are unable to attend themselves. Further information will be announced in due course."

Think they'll have to have an account via the ticket site or new app if there is one. 

Mainly worried about what the craic will be for members. I've got a membership but I've bought tickets for my brother through my dad's account/name as he's a ST holder, so the name on the ticket that brother uses has been his. Guess he'll have to get an account but given I got his ticket through STH/member sale, will he have to get a membership too? So the name and account type matches up? What a fanny on.