General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

37 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

"It will also introduce an approved method for season ticket holders to transfer their ticket for specific matches to nominated, eligible individuals when they are unable to attend themselves. Further information will be announced in due course."

Think they'll have to have an account via the ticket site or new app if there is one. 

Mainly worried about what the craic will be for members. I've got a membership but I've bought tickets for my brother through my dad's account/name as he's a ST holder, so the name on the ticket that brother uses has been his. Guess he'll have to get an account but given I got his ticket through STH/member sale, will he have to get a membership too? So the name and account type matches up? What a fanny on.

Very much doubt any kind of checking will be done on a wide scale basis. 

Much like the cup final at Wembley, promoting the idea of it is more the deterrent than actually doing checks.

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

FYI

Why change something that ain't broken?

I like having a card for my season ticket - always a bit of an occasion when it arrives.  I don't just want an 'app' on my phone.  What about people who don't have a smartphone?

1 minute ago, madras said:

I'm on the original 10yr deal. For some reason it renews in February. Probably an Ashley to keep us going.

Not like Mike get the pennies in before relagation was confirmed lol

4 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Not like Mike get the pennies in before relagation was confirmed lol

Each time we got relegated an extra year was added to the deal. I think that's why I'm still there.

2 hours ago, duo said:

Why change something that ain't broken?

I like having a card for my season ticket - always a bit of an occasion when it arrives.  I don't just want an 'app' on my phone.  What about people who don't have a smartphone?

The mackems went through all this carry on when they announced they were introducing it. ‘What about X, what about Y’ etc. etc.

There will be a (very) small amount of fans who, for whatever reason, wouldn’t be able to use digital tickets, and the club should work with them on an individual basis to find a solution.

The rest of us (the vast, vast majority) will just have to get on with it. The club needs to be embracing modern technology, and in two years time we’ll not even think twice about using a digital ticket.

On top of that, it makes touting far harder, which can only be a good thing.

44 minutes ago, SteV said:

The mackems went through all this carry on when they announced they were introducing it. ‘What about X, what about Y’ etc. etc.

There will be a (very) small amount of fans who, for whatever reason, wouldn’t be able to use digital tickets, and the club should work with them on an individual basis to find a solution.

The rest of us (the vast, vast majority) will just have to get on with it. The club needs to be embracing modern technology, and in two years time we’ll not even think twice about using a digital ticket.

Is there a set up for "giving" my ticket to someone else should I not be able to make it ?

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Is there a set up for "giving" my ticket to someone else should I not be able to make it ?

Yeah, it seems you can list ‘eligible’ people to use your ticket in your absence. Not clear exactly how, or how many people you can list yet.

Suppose it means you can’t just give to someone on a whim. Although having said that, I very much doubt any match day ID checks are going to be extensive.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Depends - if people get a QR code for general sale tickets it won't make a difference.

6 hours ago, duo said:

Depends - if people get a QR code for general sale tickets it won't make a difference.

We’ll have to wait and see, but I’m expecting it to be more sophisticated than that.

SEASON TICKETS – ID MUST ALIGN

Supporters must ensure the name and identity registered to the relevant season ticket account corresponds with the person using it to enter St. James’ Park next season, when there will be heightened checks.

Accordingly, changes to identity and contact details in online ticketing accounts will be permitted during a penalty-free period until the deadline of Wednesday 31 May.Changes to names of season ticket holders must be submitted via this form

Supporters should also ensure their season ticket is only registered for concessionary categories to which they are eligible.This can also be done via this form

Email addresses and email preferences can be updated by logging on to your account at book.nufc.co.uk 

After the penalty-free period comes to an end, if season tickets are used by unauthorised supporters, or the season ticket holder is found to be benefitting from concessionary categories that they are not eligible for, the season ticket will be subject to cancellation without refund and the holder may be unable to renew it.

IMPROVING STADIUM ENTRY

Updating personal details is just the first step in the introduction of the new digital ticketing platform for the 2023/24 season.

The digital ticketing platform will ensure more efficient entry to St. James’ Park using smartphone ticketing at turnstiles and will improve sustainability by eliminating the use of paper and other resources for physical tickets.

It will also introduce an approved method for season ticket holders to transfer their ticket for specific matches to nominated, eligible individuals when they are unable to attend themselves. Further information will be announced in due course.

A SAFER ST. JAMES’ PARK

The new digital ticketing platform will assist the club in ensuring St. James’ Park is a safe, welcoming and enjoyable place to watch football.

It will ensure only those eligible to use season tickets are able to access the stadium, ensuring the potential for ticket touting and system abuse are minimised.

UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT

To update your email address and/or communication preferences, please log in at book.nufc.co.uk before 5pm on Wednesday 31 May.

To submit a request to change the name or category relating to a season ticket please complete this form

FAQ’s 

How do I update my email?

You must do this by logging on to nufc.co.uk.

Further details can be found here

Why am I not getting some emails? (i.e. recent Fan surveys or invitations to workshops)

Emails are sent out to our marketing database in line with the data protection legislation, and our Privacy Policy which can be found here: https://www.nufc.co.uk/privacy-policy/. If individuals are not opted in to receive marketing communication from us, then you will not receive any emails, such as engagement opportunities or exclusive competitions, from us in this regard. 

If you would like to receive marketing and news emails from Newcastle United, please log into your Newcastle United account and update your email preferences in the ‘Marketing Preference’ section found here. 

How do I change the name on my season ticket?

This can only be done by filling out this form only. Please do not contact the Box Office. You will be contacted by Supporter Services with details of next steps. 

We will need to speak to the original named season ticket holder to approve any change of name on the account.

Security checks will need to take place to ascertain the season ticket holder approves the change of detail.

If the named season ticket holder is deceased, we will contact you to discuss this. 

What happens once I submit changes?

Once you have completed the form, a member of the Supporter Services team will be in touch to discuss your case. 

Security checks will need to take place to ascertain the season ticket holder approves the change of detail.

What happens if I don’t update the name of the season ticket holder during this penalty-free period?

After the penalty-free period comes to an end, if season tickets are used by unauthorised supporters, or the season ticket holder is found to be benefitting from concessionary categories that they are not eligible for, the season ticket will be subject to cancellation without refund and the holder may be unable to renew it.

Will my supporter number stay the same?

This depends on the changes we are making to the account. A member of the team will discuss this with you.

Will I be able to keep the loyalty points on my account?

If you meet the relevant criteria to change the name of the season ticket holder, you will not lose your loyalty points, however, we will not duplicate loyalty points on to multiple accounts.

Thank you for your support.