General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Uriah Rennie sending off Shearer was one of my first NUFC related memories.  Such a weird decision

My dad's told me about that before. Against Villa wasn't it? Apparently the player who was 'challenged' by Shearer couldn't believe he got sent off either.

I think it was Ian Taylor and I think he thought he'd shown the red card to him and not Shearer.  Haven't seen it for a few years mind.

The ref who refereed our game against Grimsby was terrible when Shearer got assaulted by their centre back

Guest neesy111

I think it was Ian Taylor and I think he thought he'd shown the red card to him and not Shearer.

The ref who refereed our game against Grimsby was terrible when Shearer got assaulted by their centre back

I remember that Grimsby one.  It was Halsey IIRC.  Shearer offered him to a fight after the game (that bloke, not the ref obvs).

Yeap:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/2352522/shearer-i-wanted-revenge

They're fucking around with the player bonuses again, just like last time we came up:

Newcastle United’s players are yet to agree their bonuses for the new season.

The players have been in talks with the club’s hierarchy over this season’s bonus sheet.

However, the Gazette understands that the two parties are yet to come to an agreement two games into the new Premier League season.

They have until the start of next month to agree their bonuses for the 2017-18 campaign.

United’s players – who shared a £5million pot with backroom staff for winning promotion last season – are in discussions over an improved bonus offer from the club, which will bank more than £100million from the Premier League this season.

Negotiations between the club and players are ongoing.

Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez – whose side have lost their opening two league fixtures – will want the matter settled quickly given its potential to impact on dressing room morale.

United had an issue with player bonuses after promotion in 2010.

Joey Barton claimed after leaving Newcastle in the summer of 2011 that the club had attempted to “railroad” the players into signing a proposed bonus sheet.

“Newcastle, as a playing squad, were the only club in Premier League history not to sign a bonus sheet,” he said. “We refused as a playing staff (to sign), as they tried to railroad the players into signing a bonus sheet.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-s-players-locked-in-talks-with-club-over-premier-league-bonuses-1-8714737

These cunts, honestly. I appreciate we've got until end of September to get it sorted but it's hardly great for unity and motivation, is it?

Guest firetotheworks

Their shithousery knows no bounds. Quibbling with the very people that saved their arse, be it with transfer funds or player bonuses. Separating them from us, the players, the manager, and the coaching staff, they deserve nothing more than for the club to crumble into non-existence.

Their shithousery knows no bounds. Quibbling with the very people that saved their arse, be it with transfer funds or player bonuses. Separating them from us, the players, the manager, and the coaching staff, they deserve nothing more than for the club to crumble into non-existence.

I'm very close to wanting relegation again.