General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

When are the team off to Dubai? 

Think they went straight after the Forest game, but with Bruno and Joelinton given time off to go on a short break.

On 21/03/2023 at 07:49, Superior Acuña said:

Jenas by name, genius by nature :lol:

Mad game that.  Shola consolation.

I was at the away game at Goodson the match before. It's one of the angriest games I remember. Belter from Robert too.

Maintain that Everton game started our spiral to doom that we’ve never truly recovered from (we’re finally beginning to now).

Partizan Belgrade then cemented the shit storm to come.

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Maintain that Everton game started our spiral to doom that we’ve never truly recovered from (we’re finally beginning to now).

Partizan Belgrade then cemented the shit storm to come.

I think Everton was only a sliding doors moment if it prevented us from winning the league, which I don't think it did.. 

Partizan is the only one really, imo; certainly the biggest of my lifetime. Another season of Champions League revenue and the gravitas from that maybe results in a more suitable Bobby replacement, with the club less of a shitshow between 2003-2007, and a less purchaseable option for some tight-fisted retail tycoon. 

The biggest sliding doors moment in NUFC history bar none was not getting Robson after Keegan left - he initially said yes then changed his mind. He became available that summer in any case as Barcelona brought in Van Gaal behind his back. 

Robson in his younger pomp would have been the perfect man to finish off Keegan's great work from a higher base; instead, we got two ex-superstars with huge egos and little care for the club. And it meant Robson had to build it up again from scratch, essentially. 

Imagine Robson handling Asprilla, Ginola etc. Perhaps some of his Barca team would have joined him given his standing (and NUFC's standing) in 1997. 

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

"Where are the new sponsorship deals?"

At least give the old ones time to expire first you prat!

Looks like the bald prick has jumped the gun again when you read the comments from Eales. No surprise there the absolute cunt he is.

14 minutes ago, Scoot said:

"Where are the new sponsorship deals?"

At least give the old ones time to expire first you prat!

Was at least expecting a £30 mill a season official tyre partner!

Seriously though, our transfer spending could be severely limited for a few years yet.

Edited by Turnbull2000