General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Someone else (like Kanji) who sat through Ashley, etc. should have gotten this role, but the ticket thing is almost certainly overblown. She's probably paying whatever necessary to brokers to get tickets. She's not, at least directly, taking tickets off those with loyalty points.

The way some of them go on, at this point, I couldn't give a fuck if she was. 

In fact I'd find it hilarious. 

I find it hard to get worked up about this sort of stuff. This sort of off-field politics is something I just want to ignore. I spent most of my life trying to avoid actual politics but you just can’t given that it affects each and every one of us but there’s no way I’ll ever care about this sort of shit 

The whole tickets thing doesn’t bother me. We know there is an international membership which effectively skips a queue for tickets, and the club like all clubs have always been accommodating to supporter groups and individual fans travelling from different countries.

The thing that bothers me is that she’s just jumped on the band wagon within the last 2 years. Going to her and asking her opinion on things when the club are ready to change the club badge, or more pressing questions on what to do with the stadium etc when she doesn’t understand the history of the club is the issue, massively further hindered that she appears to be a glory hunter.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The thing that bothers me is that she’s just jumped on the band wagon within the last 2 years. Going to her and asking her opinion on things when the club are ready to change the club badge, or more pressing questions on what to do with the stadium etc when she doesn’t understand the history of the club is the issue, massively further hindered that she appears to be a glory hunter.

"So anyway, if we could change the seahorsey things for two little devils, and maybe a longboat in because Newcastle built ships on the Wear, or something like that"

It's more annoying knowing that people like Kanji applied and they still gave it to a brand new fan :lol: I can only imagine they had their heart set on it being a female and the pool was a lot smaller.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Christ. :anguish: Can we just nuke Twitter from orbit, like?

basically just don’t take anything you see on there at face value

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

The pile on is a bit much like. OK, you don't agree with whoever. Fucking hell to then just go nuclear on socials is wild. 

Twitter and the likes are literally just that, grown up versions of the school yard bully turning everyone against someone without a question asked.

People are generally arseholes, stick a veil of slight anonymity of social media and they can be vile.

It's not ideal to have someone who has only started following us since the takeover have a role like that but does anyone really care? What exactly does her role entail anyway and is there any reason she can't do it as good as anyone else? She's a Newcastle fan now so good luck to her IMO. 

It baffles me that people are giving her stick and are going to the effort of faking old social media posts, honestly have people nothing better to do? She sourced the tickets for the games herself by the sounds of it so what's the issue? I think if most of us started following a sports team in a foreign country and had a few quid about us we'd do the same would we not? 

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Aye, probably for the better it wasn't me, tbh. 

"He used the word 'soccer' in 2007, how dare he be associated with our club"

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

"He used the word 'soccer' in 2007, how dare he be associated with our club"

Found a post on some fifa forum like 20 years ago where I was talking about Wayne Quinn being crap, Division 1 standard :lol: and how he needed to be sold