General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I hope everyone's holidays were wonderful and that you all have a great New Year!

I just wanted to log in and tell you all... I told you so.

I told you that I thought your team could break into the top four, and while I do not want to put the evil-eye on your team, I just want to be smug about the fact that I was right about how good I thought Howe would do with Newcastle.

I've been watching your games, and your team has a great spirit to it.

Hope and your families are well!

20 hours ago, Milanista said:

I hope everyone's holidays were wonderful and that you all have a great New Year!

I just wanted to log in and tell you all... I told you so.

I told you that I thought your team could break into the top four, and while I do not want to put the evil-eye on your team, I just want to be smug about the fact that I was right about how good I thought Howe would do with Newcastle.

I've been watching your games, and your team has a great spirit to it.

Hope and your families are well!

Same to you mate. :thup:

20 hours ago, The Prophet said:

There’s a good point listed above about our height. It’s one of those things that’s quite easy to dismiss but our height is one of the biggest reasons we barely ever concede from set pieces, we’re almost always first

to head balls in our area. Equally, we’re going to get more and more threatening on offensive headers once Botman joins big Jow as a major threat on corners 

That's the end of 2022 for Newcastle United.

A year that started poorly with that shock FA Cup defeat, and then late dropped points at home to Watford, but what a year overall:

1023017360_2022finaltable.thumb.png.7d13084326db106458547a7ef597275f.png

21 wins, only 6 defeats, exactly 2 points per game. Only 31 goals conceded, and 13 of those were in 3 games, so just 18 in the other 33. 16 clean sheets, and amazingly, only conceded more than one goal 4 times (Man City x 2, Liverpool and Spurs). Quite astonishing stats really.

Oh, and a winnable home cup QF to come as well.

:indi:

7 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I couldn’t find anywhere to buy a black and white scarf today in town or outside the ground apart from the club shop. What’s up with that? Mostly been like that as long as I can remember, but there’s lots of stuff outside many other grounds. 

Did you try the Back Page? 

Happy new year lads & lasses. Here’s to it being a proper excellent year for everything NUFC and supporters. 👍

Bit of an anniversary today.

50 years since me first match. 😃

2-2 at home to Leicester. Goals from Jinky Jim and John Tudor.

Best thing I ever did. 😍

Edited by ennyoueffsea

I didn´t know where to put this so in here seemed right as it does affect us.

The quality of managers in the premier league has never been higher, with a couple of exceptions. Also the capability of any team to beat a bigger team seems to be more frequent now.

The spend of each team is also quite high meaning we can attract the best players to the premier league and the league is far more competitive.

Taking the above into account, Eddie has done a magnificent job for us.

See prem league managers below (?? for doubtful class):

Arsenal - Arteta

Man city - Guardiola

Nufc - Eddie Howe

Man U - Ten Hage

Tottenham - Conte

Liverpool - Klopp

Brentford - Franck

Fulham - Silva

Chelsea - Potter

Brighton - De zerbi

Palace - Viera

Villa - Emery

Leicester - Rodgers

Leeds - Marsch

Bournemouth - O´Niell (??)

Everton - Fwaaank (??)

West Ham - Moyes

Forest - Cooper

Wolves - Lopategui

Southampton - Jones (??)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11607943/Everton-owner-Farhad-Moshiri-held-talks-Qatar-Airways-potential-naming-rights-deal.html

TUNE IN FOR TOON'S EURO BID

Newcastle have recruited an external production company to film extensive behind-the-scenes footage of their battle to secure Champions League football, with a view to selling the content to one of the big sports documentary makers such as Amazon or Netflix.

Sportsmail revealed last year that Amazon were targeting Newcastle to feature in their next All Or Nothing series and are understood to have opened negotiations with the club, although nothing has been signed. 

Newcastle have taken matters into their own hands to some extent, however, and have already begun filming.

39 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11607943/Everton-owner-Farhad-Moshiri-held-talks-Qatar-Airways-potential-naming-rights-deal.html

TUNE IN FOR TOON'S EURO BID

Newcastle have recruited an external production company to film extensive behind-the-scenes footage of their battle to secure Champions League football, with a view to selling the content to one of the big sports documentary makers such as Amazon or Netflix.

Sportsmail revealed last year that Amazon were targeting Newcastle to feature in their next All Or Nothing series and are understood to have opened negotiations with the club, although nothing has been signed. 

Newcastle have taken matters into their own hands to some extent, however, and have already begun filming.

Interesting. Would love to see them publish it themselves and try to make a serious push at YouTube content. 

Having watched some of the Man City content, it’s excellent and probably the gold standard we should be aiming for as we want to grow our fan base worldwide. 

Think the bull took too many blows to the head or something.

Was barely a peep out of him about us post career until takeover was there? I just see him slavering over Liverpool all the time.